Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Graduated after JUST 9 Months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Graduated after JUST 9 Months

Good for you! Just checked my account nothing yet.
Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good for you! Just checked my account nothing yet.

That is so strange. They really must have that lone guy working through these upgrades. I pretty much thought everyone would experience the same things at the same time.... an automated approach. Anyway, hope they get to your accounts soon...

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your graduation Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay Wells Fargo! I got my deposit back this morning!

Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Been dashing around covering for 5 extra Thanksgiving guests than I had planned for. (Just putting it out there: guests don't get to invite their own guests without the hostess's knowledge AND permission. WTH!)

Anyhoooo, I got unsecured Nov 18th, 2 days early. Just logged in and it had changed from "secured" to "platinum", (not cash rewards as the letter had intimated."

I promptly called CS, who said the system awarded me an extra $200, for a total of $700. I declined. He offered to send me to UW. She said she'd have to do an HP. I stupidly gave her permission.

Remarkably, she came back and said she wasn't even going to give me the system $200 do to too many inquiries. I said 3 of those inquiries were WF for THIS CARD, (for crying out loud). She blubbered and said, "oh. Uhh, I already declined you. Oh well, try back in 6 months, you'll get it then.

Letter came a few days later stating the real reason for decline was not enough payment activity (for new accounts I reckon. Sounds more reasonable, but still into the sock drawer WF went. Not to be seen, nor heard again. I don't even care if they close it for no-activity, as my newest cards are only 9 months newer than WF, and will likely be at $10k limits in 6 months (looks very promising!) versus their stingy $500. Pfffft.

I did, surprisingly get my $500 deposit returned to my checking account the morning of Nov 24th, nearly a month before their Dec 20th deadline and before Cyber Monday, so I'm good.

Congrats to all of us. We've earned it. Happy Thanksgiving!
Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry. Been dashing around covering for 5 extra Thanksgiving guests than I had planned for. (Just putting it out there: guests don't get to invite their own guests without the hostess's knowledge AND permission. WTH!)

Anyhoooo, I got unsecured Nov 18th, 2 days early. Just logged in and it had changed from "secured" to "platinum", (not cash rewards as the letter had intimated."

I promptly called CS, who said the system awarded me an extra $200, for a total of $700. I declined. He offered to send me to UW. She said she'd have to do an HP. I stupidly gave her permission.

Remarkably, she came back and said she wasn't even going to give me the system $200 do to too many inquiries. I said 3 of those inquiries were WF for THIS CARD, (for crying out loud). She blubbered and said, "oh. Uhh, I already declined you. Oh well, try back in 6 months, you'll get it then.

Letter came a few days later stating the real reason for decline was not enough payment activity (for new accounts I reckon. Sounds more reasonable, but still into the sock drawer WF went. Not to be seen, nor heard again. I don't even care if they close it for no-activity, as my newest cards are only 9 months newer than WF, and will likely be at $10k limits in 6 months (looks very promising!) versus their stingy $500. Pfffft.

I did, surprisingly get my $500 deposit returned to my checking account the morning of Nov 24th, nearly a month before their Dec 20th deadline and before Cyber Monday, so I'm good.

Congrats to all of us. We've earned it. Happy Thanksgiving!

I got the same letter in the mail about not having enough time with the card. I didn't get a HP though. I was ok with that. I guess we have to have the card unsecured for a while and show some activity and payments before requesting a CLI. Oh and I totally understand how you feel guest invitng guest lol... Not in this house anymore!

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.