Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Graduated after JUST 9 Months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Graduated after JUST 9 Months

@Erusidhion wrote:

Pretty sure if you have a balance showing; you'll get the remaining collateral after they pay off the balance. I am not sure why you received two different answers. This is pretty much how it works for a lot of secured cards. Congratulations to everyone that made the cut this month!

I too made the cut and will be graduating on November 13th! In February of 2014, I initially put a $500 deposit into the card and I can't wait to get that back for the holidays. I think 2-3 months ago I read somewhere on here that they have a list that you can add your name to so that you get your secured card reviewed. So I called them up and asked to be added to the list and the customer service representative said the list does in fact exist.

And then I called in the middle of October to just cancel the card and get my deposit back. I have a lot of unsecured cards with high limits so it didn't make sense to keep it open anymore. The customer service representative asked me if I am sure because my card would be graduating on November 13th. So of course I kept it open. My scores are on the increase so I'm planning a big application spree at the end of this month if all my scores are 700+. I'm hoping they give me a CLI on graduation but I'm afraid that they won't and I'll have to take a HP at the end of the month.

Has anyone's card graduated on the 13th like the reps indicated?

I was supposed to have mine graduate on the 13th (yesterday) but nothing has happened. I figured I would wait until today to see if anything occured, but nope.. nothing! I've called the credit department a couple times for clarification on the process and was told by each rep that my upgrade date is the 13th. Not really wanting to call again because I've lost faith in those people.. thought I'd check here.

Anyone?

Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing here...

Message 22 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called yesterday too. Nothing yet! I'll call again now hopefully they're open. I'll keep everyone posted.
Message 23 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got nothing. I never called, so no one gave me a 13th date; I only know of the 20th as the letter states. But I did stop in at a WF branch to try to get some answers, but they were clueless. And on their screens, info on graduation of secured cards isn't noted.

So I guess I'll be logging in every day through the 20th. So far, it still says "secured card" on WF's account site.
Message 24 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just got off the phone with a rep and they said my card graduated yesterday it's no longer a secured card. He had no timeframe on when I would receive my security deposit back but he said it would be deposited back into my bank account. The limit is the same $600. It would have been nice to see an increase but oh well.
Message 25 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I checked online and my account still says secured. I called back an another rep told me that it hasn't been graduated and I have up until the 20th. I give up. I just hope I get my deposit back at least by Dec 1st.

Message 26 of 56
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

I've read a few Wells Fargo Secured threads here and I thought someone said theirs had graduated and they never even noticed. So I guess they probably had a lot of funds in their savings and didn't think twice about it when they got a deposit or whatever. I think when your card graduates you'll see a new account pop up and once your secured card balance goes from $500 to $0; they're about to deposit your money. There's a thread with all that information in it on what happened once they graduated.

I'm sure it's one of the top searches. So just wait for the above events to happen. I believe after that account went to $0.00 it was like 2-3 weeks or sooner for the deposit to be returned?

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 27 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they graduate the card if you have a balance you'll keep the same balance. You will also keep the same card number. Also if you have an account with them they will deposit your funds back into your account if that's the original way they received your funds. They said it's quicker with already having an account with them.
Message 28 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just got off the phone with a rep and they said my card graduated yesterday it's no longer a secured card. He had no timeframe on when I would receive my security deposit back but he said it would be deposited back into my bank account. The limit is the same $600. It would have been nice to see an increase but oh well.

Congrats!

Message 29 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Jdana70. Can you see your account online, perhaps where you login to pay it? If so, is it now re-labeled? I'm asking because mine still says "secured card". Since it seems we won't be getting new cards, (I think my letter said, "same card, same number"), this would be one way to tell for those of us who can't get a straight answer otherwise.

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.