Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured

Today I recently opened checking and savings accounts with wells fargo, I have had them before and switch to BOA but after so many arguments with them I had enough so I took me and my money from BOA and went to wells fargo. I had recently started an secured card app with BOA and did not complete. So when I go to wells fargo today she said your pre-approved for our secured card and had the business lady come check out and said that it was pretty much offering me the card and I would be approved so I put up my $300 bucks and submitted... Does anyone know how often wells fargo reviews for unsecured. My goal is to let all inquires fall off in the 2 years and then I want to refiance my car and get the Wells Fargo 365 Propel Amex with a Decent SL.. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured

@Harvey26 wrote:

Today I recently opened checking and savings accounts with wells fargo, I have had them before and switch to BOA but after so many arguments with them I had enough so I took me and my money from BOA and went to wells fargo. I had recently started an secured card app with BOA and did not complete. So when I go to wells fargo today she said your pre-approved for our secured card and had the business lady come check out and said that it was pretty much offering me the card and I would be approved so I put up my $300 bucks and submitted... Does anyone know how often wells fargo reviews for unsecured. My goal is to let all inquires fall off in the 2 years and then I want to refiance my car and get the Wells Fargo 365 Propel Amex with a Decent SL.. 

They pull Equifax when you apply for a card. 

Message 2 of 4
redheadtempe36
Contributor

I just received my WF graduation letter.  10 months from opening and my FICO is still not that great (630's).  I will say that 95% of my derogs are old (like 4-5 years).  I (like you), got the offer every time I signed into wellsfargo.com.  Have a perfect payment record for the past 18 months.

I put up $500.  Have checking & savings with WF (including direct deposit).  Pretty much maxed out the card every month (used it rather than the debit card), and just payed it off (or very close) before the statement cut.  Never carried a balance month to month.  I had to call customer serivce once, and they were pretty helpful.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They review the accounts usually after one year for unsecured cards.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.