Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo? Seriously?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo? Seriously?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Whoa, sounds like their customers need to vote with their feet!

Exactly. That's why I will stay there Smiley Happy. For my specific purposes, they have the best offer I know. Note that I have my savings account somewhere else Smiley Very Happy.

Message 21 of 32
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@MojaveMoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and lets dont forget fees they have so many fees.(its crazy) They even have a $4.00 fee just to talk to a banker over the phone..

The fee is now up to $ 4.00 ???? I knew that it had been $ 2.00 for the last couple of years.

Just to clarify on the call-in fee:   There's NO phone banker fee on the CC side of things (ETA: For routine CS calls, that is - they MIGHT have a fee to do a banker-assisted CC pmt over the phone.  I don't know for sure b/c I always pay online via Transfers.)!!

That phone banker fee only applies to checking/savings accts. (and possibly other non-cc stuff, but someone else will have to confirm or debunk that, as I only have cc/checking/savings accts. with them), and then only if you're bugging them for information or services that can be done online or via their automated phone payment system, and even then it usually will get waived for you if you just bring it up at the end of your chat with them.

I've been with WF for just over 10 years and have only paid this fee once or twice that I can recall, despite having had to call their people quite often with questions about this and that, or for help, and even in a few cases where it turned out the info WAS on their website somewhere, when I asked about the call fee, they were happy to waive it.  I admit it's a minor nuisance to have to remember to ask "Do I have to make a note of the call-in fee?" at the end of each chat, but since it's pretty much always gotten that fee waived for me even when they had a right to charge it, I'm more than happy to go to that minor trouble.

From the checking/savings standpoint of things, they've been great, and do remember that they ARE one of the few banks (if not the only bank) who've come through this mess in good shape, so you could do a lot worse than end up with them. 

Also, most if not all the other fees for their checking & savings accts. can be avoided without having to have humongous amounts with them - just have pretty much any checking acct. and any savings acct., link 'em up with online banking, and set up a monthly auto-transfer from checking to savings of at least $75.00.  Accounts are free, then.  You don't even have to keep the $75.00 in the savings acct.; you can just keep transferring the same $75.00 back and forth, if you want.  I think the package I have is called Complete Advantage - look it up.

Go to their site and research their offerings and make sure you have ALL the information regarding fees and such (and how to avoid them) before you stampede out the door.

Message Edited by Scamp on 02-02-2009 01:00 PM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, looks like it's not over yet - Wachovia customers, they're fighting over you! Smiley Happy

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081005/D93KAE280.html 

Message 23 of 32
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I don't have a vested interest in the outcome, but I hope Citi takes them over. While I was with them they treated me well. They had:

1.) Great competitive rates for deposit and loan products

2.) Great tiered checking accounts with lots of goodies

3.) A comprehensive rewards program that gave points for every product and service you have with them PLUS tons of partners for rewards like Expedia

4.) ATMs all over the place and in every 7-11 in the country

5.) Lots of credit cards to choose from Smiley Tongue

Only reason I switched to Navy Federal was Citi lacked a bit in customer service and Navy Federal had slightly more competitive loan rates.

Also, with a credit union, since the board members don't get paid a nickel, you know they've got your best interest at heart, because really, the board members benefit from a successful credit union just as much as you and me do.

Also: Anyone can join PenFed. If I weren't a Navy Federal member I would join PenFed in a hot second. Just call them and tell them you don't have any military affiliation and you pay a one-time fee to join some military family organization (anyone can join) and you're eligible.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of you who complain about WF's customer service, I guess I can add my part. I called the customer service number on my old debit card (that's the one for the "common folk" Smiley Very Happy j/k) in order to ask how much I could pay with it in a single transaction (I had some expensive repairs done on my car). Good grief, did that girl sound annoyed.

Anyway, as this is the credit card board, I have to agree that WF's offerings are not really exciting. It's mainly just one card that works its way up to signature status. You can enroll in the rewards program, but this also only works without fees if you have a PMA account. The rewards are pretty bland. Best option are the cash rewards: $100 for 10,000 points (=1%), $275 for 25,000 points (1.1%) and $600 for 50,000 points (1.2%). As I said, truly exciting Smiley Wink.

Message Edited by Ulan on 10-05-2008 09:22 PM
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my mortgage with Wells Fargo no problems at all thus far!!!!!
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is bad blood between Wells Fargo and me...going all the way back to 1998 and includes current issues. And I don't even have any accounts with them (yet!!!). I cannot imagine how awful it would be if they merge with Wachovia. BUT in any case...I'm done...headed to the CUSmiley Happy
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined a credit union today. I'm keeping Wachovia too for the time being, until I get everything transferred over, and until I play around with the CU's online banking.

But seriously, I was waiting for them to ask me if I'd like a cup of tea and a footrub. I was *catered* to, and for the moment I was only putting 200 dollars with them.

Message 28 of 32
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

i have been with wells fargo for little over 2 years now. i first joined them because it was the closet bank to where i was living at the time and my job banked through them. i didn't have good credit so i got offered oppurtunity checking and savings. they told me after 1 year with good standing with the checking and savings they would transfer it to regular checking and savings account. i can only withdraw from the atm $300 a day and POS $500 a daySmiley Sad so after a year i contacted them about upgrading since i was really good with my checking and savings. they told me no. i was irritated because they flatout lied to me. so i thought i would wait try again in 6 months and got another no. when the 2 year mark came up which was last month I asked yet again and before i asked, the teller ask if i would like for my account to be upgraded since i been with them for 2 years and i said yes without hesistation. i had to go talk to the head lady there "again" and she said there was a mix up and that i couldn't get my account upgraded and so of course i flipped out in front of all there customers and was telling her ive been trying for a year now and always kept my accounts good standing. she didn't know what to say and i just left. i also got offered a pre approval for a credit card a month earlier and was trying to get ahold of someone about it for a whole month" turns out it was a mix up again" well all i can say is im done with wells fargo and there shallow promises they give. the only good thing about my bank is the tellers are real nice. once i get this thing paid off on my credit this credit union said they will accept me there and they offer so much for me that wells fargo couldn't. they said i could have a regular checking and saving account Smiley Happy and an unsecured credit card which wells fargo couldn't offer me. pacific northwest credit union here i comeSmiley Happy
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been doing all my banking there for the past 4 years.  Haven't had any problems.  Its really no-frills banking though - nothing spectacular.  Customer service is always friendly, CC design customization, free checks.  The only downsides I've seen so far are 1) very low interest rates for savings/checking/money markets 2)High APRS on CC's.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.