Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Pre-qualified Letter

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Visa Pre-qualified Letter

Received the "pre-qualified" letter today. I was a bit surprised as even though my scores are decent in the 720 range, my BK and tax liens are still only 7 years old (2007). I didn't think WF was BK friendly. Anyone knnow much about this card? And, whether their pre-qualification process even takes anything into consideration besides score? I don't want to burn another inquiry only to be rejected because of the BK. What are my odds?

Interesting, when you go to their pre-qualification site, it only asks you to enter your name, reservation number and last 4 of SS. ??? Smiley Frustrated 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Pre-qualified Letter

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Received the "pre-qualified" letter today. I was a bit surprised as even though my scores are decent in the 720 range, my BK and tax liens are still only 7 years old (2007). I didn't think WF was BK friendly. Anyone knnow much about this card? And, whether their pre-qualification process even takes anything into consideration besides score? I don't want to burn another inquiry only to be rejected because of the BK. What are my odds?

Interesting, when you go to their pre-qualification site, it only asks you to enter your name, reservation number and last 4 of SS. ??? Smiley Frustrated 

Unless it's for that Propel card, or it has a really low rate, I'd toss it.

Message 2 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Unless it's for that Propel card, or it has a really low rate, I'd toss it.

WF rewards is pretty meh , i used to get them an lot after i ditched WF for ally and alliant lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vegan is gonna tell you to get in tight with Wells Fargo hahah.

I say pass on this lender til they offer some sexier cards.  Maybe a dude on a stagecoach wielding a shotgun and they can call it "Shotgun Rewards"  5% cashback everywhere you shop within a 10 miles radius of a gun store.

shotgun hillbilly

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I say pass on this lender til they offer some sexier cards.  Maybe a dude on a stagecoach wielding a shotgun and they can call it "Shotgun Rewards"  5% cashback everywhere you shop within a 10 miles radius of a gun store.

shotgun hillbilly

I like it!

Message 5 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

shotgun hillbilly

i don't know if they still have 5% for 6 months on gas groceries and drugstore, you can abuse the heck out of that card and drop it after 6 months i guess . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, where did your Cabelas Visa card go?  SD?

Message 7 of 17
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I knew WF didn't offer much in the way of rewards. I am just looking to shore up my profile a little with a couple of more cards. I have limited options because of my BK, so receiving a pre-qual from a major bank was enticing. I actually think it's my first one in almost a decade. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's in the safe.

Message 9 of 17
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that question for me MBSS? I never applied. Got scared off because of all the talk on here about how they are no longer BK friendly.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.