Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Signature thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Visa Signature thoughts?

Does anyone have the WF Visa Sig. card that are willing to share their thoughts? Been looking to replace my QS with it, but curious on everyone's thoughts on it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Signature thoughts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have the WF Visa Sig. card that are willing to share their thoughts? Been looking to replace my QS with it, but curious on everyone's thoughts on it.

Why is the Wells Fargo Visa Signature more attractive to you than the Quicksilver?  Unless you need it for OD protection for a Wells checking account, I honestly don't see what it has that the QS doesn't.  In addition, the rewards redemption is much simpler on the QS, and they don't expire.

If there's a feature I'm missing please let me know... I'm not a Wells expert by any means, but perhaps I'm biased.  I do have deposit accounts with them, and it's possible they've made changes to their credit card line-up I'm not aware of. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't found many WF fans around here. I have one and my card is just blah. QS has no AF, 1.5% cash back and no FTF.

Message 3 of 8
js0319
Established Contributor

+1. 

I'd stick with the QS and save yourself some HP's.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 4 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo may do a lot of mortgages (I'm not sure why, the rates aren't the best), but the credit cards are just terrible. Is WF even remotely affiliated with an airline? I have been with the bank for twenty years and can't apply the mere history to my credit reports.

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Wells Fargo may do a lot of mortgages (I'm not sure why, the rates aren't the best), but the credit cards are just terrible. Is WF even remotely affiliated with an airline? I have been with the bank for twenty years and can't apply the mere history to my credit reports.

+1

My first mortgage ended up with Wells Fargo, but it didn't start there; same for one of my brothers.  I suspect many of their mortgages are like that... they originate with another lender and are later sold to WF for whatever reason. 

I'll say that I never had any issues with them during that time, but I have no personal experience with their own origination process (or rates).

It seems to me their credit card offerings are basically there so they can 'check the box' that they offer credit cards.  Again, unless I'm missing something significant.

Side-note:  They do seem to have a good secured card for folks who are rebuilding; there have been folks on the forum that had a secured that eventually graduated, and out of loyalty, nostalgia, etc. they kept the card open even when they were able to get better cards elsewhere.  The OP was asking about their Signature cards, though, so this likely doesn't apply.

Message 6 of 8
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

A WF card is only useful for 6 months. Afterwards its useful to have around in case of an emergency. Otherwise it is worthless to me. 

Message 7 of 8
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

I loved Wells Fargo, but Wells Fargo did not love me (they denied me the Visa Signature), so I loved Chase and Bank of America and they both loved me back. The VS card has poor point structure. The only reason I wanted it because I had the Platinum and wanted an upgrade but they said no product chage. I applied and got denied. So that was the end of that. Stick to your Quicksilver. Capital One is probably nicer too.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.