Wells Fargo 'Your Custom Credit Offer'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo 'Your Custom Credit Offer'

*BumP*

Got offer again...anyone else?

Some details again..

"It says you can SP, for 1or2 products loan or CC....and pre qual. You for 1 or both? And you can choose 1 or both if appr. Also you can move limits from either product?"

Jus want to know is anyone on forum getting these emails and the process if you applied.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the offer and bit the bullet. Prior to this, I had a Wells Fargo credit card (that gave me 0% APR for 12 months for a large furniture purchase), and I was added jointly to my parent's Wells Fargo checking accounts for a short period. I have just paid off said 0% APR card. I was interested in maintaining a relationship with Wells Fargo. 

I clicked the link in my email from Wells Fargo, and was asked to login to my account. I then plugged my info in, and it gave me a Credit Limit of $14k. I am assuming this was a Soft Pull. I could then split this limit up between 2 credit cards (Cash Wise Visa / Propel) and personal loans. 

With whatever limit you get, you can split it up in $500 increments between as many "credit" accounts as possible. You could get 1 card, 2 cards, or any combination of cards with a personal loan. The only limit was the combined credit total could exceed the credit limit they gave you. The website you did it on was fairly well created, there was a sliding bar where you chose how much credit to put where. 

I placed all $14k into a Cash Wise Visa, and then applied through the page. Before applying, WF mentions that they will only pull credit once, even if there are multiple applications to be submitted. However, each account would report as a seperate account, as expected. 

The new page asks again for your info, such as social security number, address, etc. Once submitted, I got an email from WF saying thanks for applying, and it gave me a reference number. All I was told through the email is I'll get notified within 10 business days. I was worried at first that I was denied, as normally when applying for other cards (Citi, Amex, Discover) I got an instant approval. 

I called WF 2 days later, and asked to hear the status of the application. The person placed me on a brief hold, and came back to tell me I was approved for the $14k credit limit. 

When I applied for the WF furniture card last year, I got instant emails from credit bureaus (Capital One CreditWise) that WF pulled my report. This time, I recieved no email, and as far as I can tell, neither Transunion nor Equifax were pulled. They may have pulled Experian, or it was a soft pull. 

After reading all the stories of WF denying people for no relationship or giving out conservative credit, I was a bit shocked. This is the second highest credit limit I have, and the highest starting limit I ever recieved. All in all, I'd say it was a better way to apply for credit because they gave you a credit limit to work with prior to officially applying. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Nov 13 I got an email from Wells Fargo asking me to "Find a Wells Fargo Credit Card to suit your needs" but it wasn't any kind of offer, just a generic marketing email.  It's the first marketing email from them that talks about a credit card.

I did notice today that my FICO9 at Wells Fargo went up to 729 (EX) which is a surprise to me because my profile didn't change at all over last month and FICO8 EX is the same (710).  Not sure what that's about, but no "offers" for anything there.

Not sure I'd app for a WF card, I'm solely focused on rewards not limits so at this point they're not really holding anything I want a piece of, but I do monitor the offers page just to see if I crossed some sort of threshold with them.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not the offer the OP and I received. We got an email stating "Check your Custom Credit Offer" from Wells Fargo, not any generic email / marketing email to apply blindly. Wells Fargo seems to have targeted the Custom Credit Offers at certain customers.

To each their own on what they want with credit. I didn't apply for a large credit limit, I applied to have cell phone protection. And a generic 1.5% cash back card isn't too bad in the end.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zodiac12345

You apped....what was SL?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MILOfico, I listed it in the post. SL was $14,000. 

Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I got the envelope today (along with offers from Cap One and TD Bank) but didn't open it.   Doesn't sound like I missed a great thing...

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to get general marketing material from them but never any specific offers. I think the only thing even close to a targeted offer was their sudden hounding me about "being ready to invest" & "limited-time personal offers to join WF advisors" once my checking & savings accounts hit the six digit range.

Returned the generosity by closing nearly all WF holdings & shifting to nfcu CDs & Amex high yield.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zodiac12345

Any particular reason you didn't get both products? CC and PL?
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zodiac12345

I missed that 1st post,found it now LoL...thks for the info!!! I may jus app 😃 for it!!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.