Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo and Chase blacklist times?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo and Chase blacklist times?

Just curious if anyone knows how long Wells Fargo's blacklist wait might be (for no specific reason, just curious, no apps needed/wanted in particular)?  I apped for a WF backed card (Tempurpedic I think) a couple of weeks ago and received the letter with the sole reason for denial being that I had a charged off Wells Fargo account.  This is true, I settled a private student loan with them in 2012 and that's the only relationship with WF I've ever had.

Also, I had a Chase card ($500CL) charged off in 2009, but I haven't apped for any Chase products to know if I'm on it or not...my scores are just hovering around 600 anyway until some of my new accounts start reporting...any idea how long I should wait total (after scores are in range) before Chase might have me back?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo and Chase blacklist times?

I don't know WF but Chase is a tough one. DH husband burned them for 500 over 10 years ago. And every time he applies its denied for that reason. However you can recon and possibly have some success. But the computer will basically deny until the debt is paid. But as mentioned recon does work with them. Just a tough one.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me 12 years to get back in with Chase. I have apped many times over the years. I was finally able to get the Amazon Visa last month. 

The Chase pre-quailify site still tells me there are no offers for me, so maybe they're watching how I treat the Amazon card before they let me in further.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo: I defaulted on a WF backed student loan in 2006. I eventually repaid it in 2009. In 2010 I tried applying for a secured card and was declined based on that default. One day in 2013 I got a popup when I logged into my WF checking account saying I was pre-approved for a credit card. I accepteded the offer to see what would happen and I was auto approved for $8k. No hard pulls, and it's my lowest rate card at 12%. Not sure when I fell off the blacklist but based on the timing of my experience I would say 5 years.

Chase: I defaulted on a Chase credit card in 2003. As of 2015 I'm not getting any positive results from their pre-approval tool even though all derogs have fallen off my reports and fico hovers in the 800 region. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thank you all for your input.  It looks like the road ahead still has no end in sight, but I say that with optimism that it does in fact end.  I still have to pay Chase, and although I'm eager to get back in with them (I've been banking with them for 2 years or so now), I can wait.  I'm also glad to hear WF has a light at the end of the tunnel.  The loan was paid a few years ago so maybe in a few more years they'll have me back (again-I'm not desperate, but I just am eager to be in the clear with everyone and be able to freely roam credit-land!).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.