cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo application - no credit pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo application - no credit pull?

UPDATE:

Called to check status. Automated system says "denied, unable to verify income. please provide last 2 pay stubs". So, since I'm self-employed, I call in to speak to a live person and woman tells me fax over tax return. Part of me is getting really p*ssed off with this crap as I really don't think they have any business seeing my tax returns, deductions, etc. but I went ahead and did it because now I'm just intrigued to see what happens. The CSR says it's VERY common practice for them to do this and their cards are harder to get than a lot of other "big" banks. Well, that didn't make me feel too confident. LOL.

Said for me to call again tomorrow. Guess I'll call for my denial tomorrow morning.

FYI - still NO credit pull. Very bizarre.

Message 11 of 29
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Called to check status. Automated system says "denied, unable to verify income. please provide last 2 pay stubs". So, since I'm self-employed, I call in to speak to a live person and woman tells me fax over tax return. Part of me is getting really p*ssed off with this crap as I really don't think they have any business seeing my tax returns, deductions, etc. but I went ahead and did it because now I'm just intrigued to see what happens. The CSR says it's VERY common practice for them to do this and their cards are harder to get than a lot of other "big" banks. Well, that didn't make me feel too confident. LOL.

Said for me to call again tomorrow. Guess I'll call for my denial tomorrow morning.

Just curious what are your scores when you applied. I am thinking about apping with them but scared to get denied.

Thanks

chnceit

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chnceit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Just curious what are your scores when you applied. I am thinking about apping with them but scared to get denied.

Thanks

chnceit

Last known EX is somewhere around 745-750 (can't remember what mortgage pull was), EQ is currently 762 and TU is 768. Nothing negative on reports, just younger history...around 5-6 years. 

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one point I forgot to mention: WF's not so exciting rewards program (1pt per $1 spent) costs an annual fee if you don't have a PMA account with them. That's why it's usual not worth it.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just one point I forgot to mention: WF's not so exciting rewards program (1pt per $1 spent) costs an annual fee if you don't have a PMA account with them. That's why it's usual not worth it.

Ahhh. No wonder nobody has these cards. I sure wouldn't pay an AF for that reward structure, but for free I'll take it!Looks like there are a few that don't require an existing relationship.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/

Message 15 of 29
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Thanks

chnceit

Last known EX is somewhere around 745-750 (can't remember what mortgage pull was), EQ is currently 762 and TU is 768. Nothing negative on reports, just younger history...around 5-6 years. 

Thanks UpUpUp. I shall wait to raise my FICO up more. You have good scores too. Mine are not close to yours.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells today I logged into my Wells Fargo online access (which only had my mortgage in it) and found a Visa line showing up with a $5000 CL.  At this point I wasn't expecting to be approved since it took so long and I still have NO credit pull showing on my reports, but I was secretly hoping for a wee bit higher on the limit. Oh well, in due time, I suppose. 

I guess they must have used the credit pull from my mortgage - how else would they have approved me? So strange!

Message 17 of 29
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells today I logged into my Wells Fargo online access (which only had my mortgage in it) and found a Visa line showing up with a $5000 CL.  At this point I wasn't expecting to be approved since it took so long and I still have NO credit pull showing on my reports, but I was secretly hoping for a wee bit higher on the limit. Oh well, in due time, I suppose. 

I guess they must have used the credit pull from my mortgage - how else would they have approved me? So strange!

Good things are happening for you. I'd bet they used the pull from your mortgage and how cool is that to have saved an inq?
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good things are happening for you. I'd bet they used the pull from your mortgage and how cool is that to have saved an inq?

Thanks, Ms. Kiwi. I do feel like good things are happening for me finally. It's been a long 10 years of less than greatness. LOL!! 

It is awesome to have saved the inq!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats again! They often just soft you when you add stuff. When I opened my brokerage accounts, they softed me three times Smiley Very Happy.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.