Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo denied credit line for Home Improvement card - now they are calling

tag
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo denied credit line for Home Improvement card - now they are calling

So long story short, we needed a new furnace, my husband applied to the Home Improvements line of credit and was denied on the spot. WF has started calling the number we provided on the application. He does no other business with them. Could it be that they are thinking about doing a recon? Or is this just about them being obnoxious and him being added to a bad call list.

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo denied credit line for Home Improvement card - now they are calling

Home depotvis backed bi citi so not sure about wells calling you!

Message 2 of 11
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo denied credit line for Home Improvement card - now they are calling

@Creditaddict wrote:

Home depotvis backed bi citi so not sure about wells calling you!

I believe you misinterpreted the OP. It wasn't an app for Home Depot, it was through WF.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 11
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

It was an application for this product http://retailservices.wellsfargo.com/homeprojects.html

My question is: is WF retail services going to do a recon on their own? He has really good income and just doesnt have a lot of credit so he doesnt have a great score if anyone - not a machine - looks at his app he might be approved. Just wondering if he should answer and talk to them or be all "STOP CALLING ME"

2/2011
Message 4 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It could be they need more information after a real person checked your app. The computer didn't like something and turned you down. call!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 11
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

Now I get to tell my husband he needs to call. Hoping its good news. Even if we get just enough for the furnace and we can do the a/c later it would be ideal.Smiley Tongue

2/2011
Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AtmyOffice wrote:

Now I get to tell my husband he needs to call. Hoping its good news. Even if we get just enough for the furnace and we can do the a/c later it would be ideal.Smiley Tongue

Sounds like WF needed more info .........Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Sounds like computer kicked it to manual review. Hope it goes through, and you get your new system!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 8 of 11
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@AtmyOffice wrote:

So long story short, we needed a new furnace, my husband applied to the Home Improvements line of credit and was denied on the spot. WF has started calling the number we provided on the application. He does no other business with them. Could it be that they are thinking about doing a recon? Or is this just about them being obnoxious and him being added to a bad call list.

This credit card appears to be a business card rather than a personal card.  Or at least that is what came up when I clicked the link you provided below in a response.

If it is a business card, that could be the reason for the denial if your husband doesn't have a business. 

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 11
IWOL
Established Contributor

I actually just got approved two days ago for this card through Wells. It's kind of a strange account. It's callc the Home Projects Visa and is geared towards financing things like new ac, appliances etc. you get a line of credit that can be used with dealers that are part of the Wells program. It seems that there are quite a few. You also get an actual Visa card with only a very small portion of the total line available to use for purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.

I was approved for a total of $9500 and of that I have $1100 available, on the Visa.

I applied for this account to finance a new A/C. The financing terms for "special" projects are determined by the contractor you use and they are not very good.

They offered my 12 months same as cash or 9.99% with a fixed monthly payment of 2%.

You can by an A/C through lowes and get 36 months at 5.99%, which is a much better deal. I'm sorry that I even applied for this card now and I decided to go with the 12 months same as cash and will pay this off before the end of the 12 month term.

The other major downside is the way this credit line/card reports. After speaking to a CSR I was told that the entire line will report as revolving and not as an installment account. I'm spending $6500 on the new A/C so of rather next few months my Util is going to be higher than I would like on my revolving lines.

By the way I was approved for this card with a 660 TU. hope this info is useful for anyone who might be looking at this card.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.