Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo graduating my secured card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo graduating my secured card.

So I logged on my account today, and saw that my secured account was closed. Of course I called them and the representative said they're graduating my card, yay! I only put in $300 and never increased the limit but she said they're going to give me a $1000 cli. I opened it last year in September and always paid in full. I'm 21 and it was my first and only cc so it feels nice to get an unsecured card. Anyway that's my little update since they haven't been graduating cards lately.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduating my secured card.

Congratulations, what a great surprise!

Message 2 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

okay that is against all the other posts that say Wells Fargo was not going to graduate accounts.... This is fantastic news, thanks and congrats

Message 3 of 39
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I logged on my account today, and saw that my secured account was closed. Of course I called them and the representative said they're graduating my card, yay! I only put in $300 and never increased the limit but she said they're going to give me a $1000 cli. I opened it last year in September and always paid in full. I'm 21 and it was my first and only cc so it feels nice to get an unsecured card. Anyway that's my little update since they haven't been graduating cards lately.

That is fantastic news.  Had you called in to request that they graduate your card or was it something that you just logged in and saw?  Maybe they have started the process now since all of the updated laws are out.  That is really good information to hear from them.  Thank you for sharing!  And keep doing what you are doing and you will be on your way to a great financial/credit history.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! This is really great news. I'm hoping my Card will graduate next month too

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that they are graduating cards again. Thanks for posting this.

Congratulations on the new unsecured card with a nice limit!

Message 6 of 39
orl2185
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Supa congrats.. TY for the great post. they've seem to loosen their belt a few loops

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot everyone. Hoping they loosen up for everyone else too. (:

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody else been able to graduate their WF cards? I called recently and lady who picked up said they are not graduating and she does not know when they will start graduating again Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 39
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anybody else been able to graduate their WF cards? I called recently and lady who picked up said they are not graduating and she does not know when they will start graduating again Smiley Sad

I didn't get mine graduated because I ended closing mine because I switched to a credit union and got a card with them.  But when I called and talked to the people at WF, they told me that they were not graduating cards until Fall 2010 once all credit card laws/statues come out.  She told me that they could take my name and information down, and once they start graduating cards, then I will be on the "list" to have my account re3viewed and then they will let me know if I could graduate my card.  I declined and asked her to close my secured card.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.