Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo graduation

Finally, after almost 2 years, Wells Fargo is graduating my secured card next month. Initally I put in $300, and never increased the Credit Limit because I would have to put in more money! I wish I had gone with a different bank because now I know other secured cards can grow over time without having to put in more cash. Anyway.... they couldn't tell me what my credit limit is gonna be, so I just wanted to get a rough estimate from you. Also, what card do I get after graduating? What are the benefits, rewards, or cashbach? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo graduation

They will convert it to a rewards card but you'll likely still have the same limit (it's what they know you have managed with them),  However, that said it doesn't stop you from applying to another one of WF's products (and before it starts PLEASE don't start with how bad WF cards are and such, I am only saying this because OP is establishing history as a WF CC user) and very likely will receive an approval and higher than your current $300 card.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They will convert it to a rewards card but you'll likely still have the same limit (it's what they know you have managed with them),  However, that said it doesn't stop you from applying to another one of WF's products (and before it starts PLEASE don't start with how bad WF cards are and such, I am only saying this because OP is establishing history as a WF CC user) and very likely will receive an approval and higher than your current $300 card.

Thanks! I was thinking about the Amex Propel, it seems like that's a pretty good card. But I have already been approved for the Discover It, 6 weeks ago I got my Quicksilver One and I'm waiting for the Chase Hyatt. So I don't think I'll need a 5th card yet, especially because I'm considering buying an iPhone with financing and that would give me the Barclaycard with Apple. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They unsecure it to the amount of your deposit. If you research this forum you'll see everyone who has been unsecured got the same line as their original deposit. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.