Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo no good

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo no good

I've had my WF card for a little over 2 years now and they've treated me well. I've gone from $1,200 to $1,500 to $2,000 to $3,500. I'm pretty pleased with them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF is a good consumer bank but in terms of cc's, I'm not sure what they offer that other companies dont offer better. 

The only thing good ive heard about their cc is their cell phone insurance benefit.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
drew, why did they want a secured from you? don't you have good cards? i have seen some of the limited you've posted...

I dropped out of the credit game for about 8 year's following my 2007 CH 7 BK. I was forced to file because of 2 million plus in personal guarantees related to a business I was involved in with a bad partner. This event had a devastating effect on my life and I crawled under a rock for a really long time. I lived off prepaid cards and cash for the last 8 year's. My wife, on the verge of leaving me, convinced me to make a change. I pulled my CR's in Jan of this year and my scores were all mid 500's, but almost entirely because I had no credit. The only good thing to come out of the last 8 year's of not using credit was that almost every derog was gone. So I needed to start somewhere and I went with 2 secured cards (Wells Fargo/2K and US Bank/1K) and Credit One. In just 4 month's, my scores all climbed over 700, with my EX flying up to 790. This obviously allowed me to app prime cards, and I've done really well since the middle of May. I really wish I found this site 6 or 7 year's ago. I truly believe it would've helped me out, both financially and emotionally. After year's of being successful, I hit rock bottom, and felt worthless. If it wasn't for my wife's support and her pushing me hard, I'd likely still be in the same ugly place. So that's a quick run down of where I've been and why I started with WF and secured cards. Thanks  !!! 

Message 13 of 24
somotao
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
drew, why did they want a secured from you? don't you have good cards? i have seen some of the limited you've posted...

I dropped out of the credit game for about 8 year's following my 2007 CH 7 BK. I was forced to file because of 2 million plus in personal guarantees related to a business I was involved in with a bad partner. This event had a devastating effect on my life and I crawled under a rock for a really long time. I lived off prepaid cards and cash for the last 8 year's. My wife, on the verge of leaving me, convinced me to make a change. I pulled my CR's in Jan of this year and my scores were all mid 500's, but almost entirely because I had no credit. The only good thing to come out of the last 8 year's of not using credit was that almost every derog was gone. So I needed to start somewhere and I went with 2 secured cards (Wells Fargo/2K and US Bank/1K) and Credit One. In just 4 month's, my scores all climbed over 700, with my EX flying up to 790. This obviously allowed me to app prime cards, and I've done really well since the middle of May. I really wish I found this site 6 or 7 year's ago. I truly believe it would've helped me out, both financially and emotionally. After year's of being successful, I hit rock bottom, and felt worthless. If it wasn't for my wife's support and her pushing me hard, I'd likely still be in the same ugly place. So that's a quick run down of where I've been and why I started with WF and secured cards. Thanks  !!! 

Better late than never. The beauty of your story is the support from your wife and this forum has gotten you back.....keep it up.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i didn't mean it in a bad way. i wasn't aware of your past and have only seen your present cards so that's why i asked. good job though Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
sorry i didn't mean it in a bad way. i wasn't aware of your past and have only seen your present cards so that's why i asked. good job though Smiley Happy

Absolutely no reason to apologize. I've told my story a few times on here. I'm in good shape now and the future looks bright. My only regret is I didn't do something sooner. When I filed BK, I really believed that was a "death sentence" for 10 year's. I had no idea one could recover from it so quickly. When I read stories like "BK to 700+ in 2 year's", I want to kick myself. Oh how I've learned, especially, in the last 6 months on this forum. 😀😁

Message 16 of 24
somotao
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely no reason to apologize. I've told my story a few times on here. I'm in good shape now and the future looks bright. My only regret is I didn't do something sooner. When I filed BK, I really believed that was a "death sentence" for 10 year's. I had no idea one could recover from it so quickly. When I read stories like "BK to 700+ in 2 year's", I want to kick myself. Oh how I've learned, especially, in the last 6 months on this forum. 😀😁

I felt the same way, except I had a BK lawyer that was extremely helpful....I think there was something he menthined to me about 12 months or so after my discharge that got me searching for ways to repare credit and I stumbled across this forum and amazing individuals who are always willing to help.....I suppose we can pass it on and try and help others and continue to put heads togther on the journey back to the bright side of credit. I am a lot wiser now than I was years ago.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have had a Wells Fargo credit card since 2011 and they will not give me a CLI, I only have a $300,00 CL witch is useless when you should not use more then 30% of your line. I have tried three times for a CLI to no avail. What do you think I should do?

I went this route as well (secured CC with WF).  They graduated it at 18 moonths.  SInce then I have asked about a CL and was told the card was not eligible.  However, I then apply for a separate WF visa signature card and was instantly approved for more than double my "secured-graduated" card.  It seems like something internal on those secured CC accounts and how they move them along (or up).

FWIW I have checking, multiple savings, and brokerage with them.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

MissingCalifornia, sounds like both of us have had similar experiences with Wells Fargo, only your relationship with them is considerably longer than mine. From everything I've read on these forums regarding WF, it definitely appears they almost always require some sort of banking relationship if you want to be approved for many of their products. They're almost like a CU, being conservative to a degree, but once you join, the door's open up for everything. WF wants to be the answer to EVERY lending criteria you might have, including auto, mortgage, CC, PLOC, etc....
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

just so you all know i have had my WF card a few years and don't have any banking relationship with them at all.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.