Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo now offering Visa Signature cards

2% cash rewards card "by invitation" only.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 46
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

There's 3 cards. https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/financial-services/lending/credit-cards.htm

You're talking about the gold and silver card.

We were referring to the brown one.

But yea it's just for travel and dining. Quite a lackluster card despite being their best card.

Oh okay, I just wasn't paying attention. As Open123 mentioned, it's better to have a card that gets 2% back on everything, in my opinion anyway. For an invitation only card, it doesn't look very appealing.

Message 32 of 46
jefftca925
Established Contributor

My mortgage was just sold to Wells Fargo a few months ago after refinancing it through a mortgage broker.  I figured it would be easier for me to have a checking account with them as well to keep allocated income for paying my house-related expenses.  I've had a Chase account for years which I won't get rid of...they've been great to me.  So I went to a local WF branch a few days ago to set up a packaged account (with no fees) and while the rep was inputting my info the screen flashed that I qualified for their Rewards Visa card with 5000 bonus points and 0% for 12 months.  So I thought well it's not going to cost me anything except a HP and I'll have another CC to float interest on...so I said "sure".  The next day I saw a new Visa Signature card in my account profile with a $14k limit!  Was kind of shocked!  I guess having a strong relationship with WF is important.  I will probably want an Equity line with them down the road too when I remodel the kitchen. I have to say the service I received from them was pretty exceptional.  The rep made a follow up call to me the following day to make sure all of my concerns were addressed...quite pleased so far.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 33 of 46
Larkfield
Valued Member

Congrats.   I have my mortgage with WF and was approved yesterday for their Visa Signature card as well although not as high of a limit.   I have a pretty strong relationship with WF from a banking perspective as well.

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 34 of 46
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i have had a plantium with them with a 9000 credit line for 6 years do you think they would do a pc chance to the signature.

Message 35 of 46
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, they've had Signature cards for a while, but the offering was buried in the fine print of the Terms and conditions of the card.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 36 of 46
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i have had a plantium with them with a 9000 credit line for 6 years do you think they would do a pc chance to the signature.

I think they would, you should call them Monday.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 37 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm still stuck with the platinum card as well. Called a few times to get a PC, but they kept telling me its by invitation only.

Maybe I will ask a banker when I'm in the branch to see if they can help with this.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 38 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@enharu wrote:
I'm still stuck with the platinum card as well. Called a few times to get a PC, but they kept telling me its by invitation only.

Maybe I will ask a banker when I'm in the branch to see if they can help with this.

I'm surprised you care about any Wells Fargo card at all. Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 46
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I can see the earning parts but what about the redemptions... is the reward structure looking good to you? It's not cash back and they don't let you transfer points to other programs. Is what for redemption seemingly worth it?

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.