Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo now offering Visa Signature cards

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo now offering Visa Signature cards

Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the list. I'll definitely consider getting at least 1 of those cards when I'm applying in the future.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 46
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Before this change, only Wells Fargo Adivsors credit cards came in visa signature variations (https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/financial-services/lending/credit-cards.htm).

But it seems that Wells Fargo has now updated their cards to include Visa Signature into their normal cards as well. Link here: https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/credit_card/visa-signature

Basically the somewhat disappointing rewards structure remain the same, but it now comes with some additional perks.

I tried calling in to ask for an upgrade, and they told me its still by invitation only, and that they're currently reviewing accounts eligible for upgrades Smiley Mad

If anyone has any luck getting their cards upgraded please do let me know as well.

OMG. I would LOVE to have their 2% Wells Fargo Advisors Platinum Cash Back card.

I currently have their College Student Credit card with 1% cash back ($1,500 CL) for about 2 years (no missed payments) . I've been a customer with Wells Fargo for 4 years. Would I be eligible for their 2% cash back card?

Overall my credit file includes AMEX BCE ($6000 CL).

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 12 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

the 2% card is still restricted to Wells Fargo Adivsors. You basically need an investment account with them.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

the 2% card is still restricted to Wells Fargo Adivsors. You basically need an investment account with them.

Well, that's a deal breaker for me, right there.  Anyway, for flat 2%, Fid Amex is easier, though I'd imagine Wells is a Visa which is more widely accepted.

Message 14 of 46
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

I personally think WF isn't that hard to get. They're basically giving out there card to everyone where I live.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 15 of 46
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

enharu wrote:Basically the somewhat disappointing rewards structure remain the same, but it now comes with some additional perks. 

No reason to use a flat 1% card these days; and, the perks are all standard.  

What cards do you recommend besides Fidelity Amex for flat >1% rewards?
My Wells Fargo hasn't really been used much nowadays since I'm trying to put most of my charges through Chase.

The cards I think are the best for non bonus spending are:

1.  SPG - This is my favorite non bonus spending card for domestic use.

2.  JCB Murakai is 3% cashback, but is only available in select markets.

3.  UA Club at 1.5% is actually amazingly good, if you use the perks and can justify the fee.

4.  Flexperks at 1.5% with associated Plat checking; 1.25% if gold checking.

5.  Amex Business Blue - 1.3% on all spending.

These are the ones which come to mind.  Any others I may have missed?

Others may disagree, but even after the recent devaluation I still think there is decent value in the Hilton Reserve card from Citi. I can still regularly find cash & points at international properties which yield ~0.7-0.8 cpp, which equates to 2.1-2.4%. There are others that are better than this, but anything above 2% is decent IMO. The extra free night after 10k spend really pushes up the value too, assuming you don't spend too much more than that.

I'll also second your comment about the UA Club being an excellent card, returning a value of ~3% (assuming a value of 2 cpm x 1.5)

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 46
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

That's a bummer for me Smiley Sad

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 17 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Well, that's a deal breaker for me, right there.  Anyway, for flat 2%, Fid Amex is easier, though I'd imagine Wells is a Visa which is more widely accepted.

Yea the way that card is set up, the requirements to get it is pretty ambiguous as well. It's by invitation only, so even with a Wells Fargo Adivsors account, it may be hard to get that card. Too many hoops to jump through for what it's worth in my opinion. It's a nice addition for people who happen to already have an investment account with Wells Fargo though.

Message 18 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

I personally think WF isn't that hard to get. They're basically giving out there card to everyone where I live.

It would be astonishing if they were to find any takers.

*tongue-in-cheek* obviously, in case this encroaches on the sensitivies of those partial to Wells.

Message 19 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Others may disagree, but even after the recent devaluation I still think there is decent value in the Hilton Reserve card from Citi. I can still regularly find cash & points at international properties which yield ~0.7-0.8 cpp, which equates to 2.1-2.4%. There are others that are better than this, but anything above 2% is decent IMO. The extra free night after 10k spend really pushes up the value too, assuming you don't spend too much more than that.

I know very little about Hilton redemptions.  Would you say the Citi Hilton is better than the Amex one?  

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.