cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo said yes!!!

tag
badgerviper

Re: Wells Fargo said yes!!!

Do you happen to know your credit score and which CRA they used? Oh and which state you live in. I've also been rebuilding my credit for a couple years now and am at TU 644 / EXP 674 / EQ 702 and would like to apply for the card since they are always inviting me to apply....but I really don't want an inquiry if I don't need to. I only have 1 right now so I'm not too worried about it but I'm so ecstatic I'm finally 700+ on at least one CRA that I really don't want to lower that score! I also couldn't find much info on which CRA they pull from and I'd be bummed if I got denied because they pulled TU....

In re: to your question, I would keep them open until you establish your card a little while longer. Like you, I also have Cap One cards that help contribute to the average age of my accounts. I keep them open despite their horrible CL ($500 each x 2). Average age of accounts can help lower/raise your score.

P.S. Congrats on rebuilding your credit!!!!

Message 11 of 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats !! That´s a terrific limit and the rebuilding is surely paying off Smiley Happy

I´ve heard good things about Wells Fargo yay!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

WF is good about giving cards to their customers. The banker who did my app at the branch said they actually take your bank accounts into consideration during the process.
Message 13 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I agree with closing any cards with fees.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 19
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  WF was the first to give me a card when I was just getting back on my feet; having multiple accounts in good standing with them definitely helped.  It's still my go-to card.

Message 15 of 19
elmolina74
Valued Member

They pulled EXP which at that time wasmy highest score at 725 I believe (TU & EQ were in the high 600's). I had two inquiries on that report and I'm in CT. I hope this info helps!

Message 16 of 19
elmolina74
Valued Member

And thank you all for your kind words!! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Cranski
Valued Member

@badgerviper wrote:

Do you happen to know your credit score and which CRA they used? Oh and which state you live in. I've also been rebuilding my credit for a couple years now and am at TU 644 / EXP 674 / EQ 702 and would like to apply for the card since they are always inviting me to apply....but I really don't want an inquiry if I don't need to. I only have 1 right now so I'm not too worried about it but I'm so ecstatic I'm finally 700+ on at least one CRA that I really don't want to lower that score! I also couldn't find much info on which CRA they pull from and I'd be bummed if I got denied because they pulled TU....

In re: to your question, I would keep them open until you establish your card a little while longer. Like you, I also have Cap One cards that help contribute to the average age of my accounts. I keep them open despite their horrible CL ($500 each x 2). Average age of accounts can help lower/raise your score.

P.S. Congrats on rebuilding your credit!!!!

Always pulled EQ, for auto and cc's. NC, US.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 18 of 19
Smug
Established Contributor

I closed my low toy cards, helped me get higher limits now my cards are in the 10K-14K range.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.