acschnitzer

Wells Fargo secured card

I've had this card for over a year and a half. With a 3500 limit. Average spending 1500 to 2000 each month and paid off in full every month. Income is 250,000.00 a year. For some reason they will not turn it into a regular card. They tell me to apply for a regular card, that means another inquire. Then close my secured card account, not recommended cause it will not look good either. Bank of America after 1 year mark did it automatically. I lost my job in 07. 09 I am back on my feet. Average credit score now is 667. Trying to get credit score around the 700. So I can start looking for a new home loan.

Established Member
mirving1957

Re: Wells Fargo secured card

Hmm... funky. I'd say use one of the backdoor numbers here on the website, call in and let them know your situation, your income, etc. and tell them that you want to have a regular credit card.

acschnitzer

I've tired several times. I they tell me is that I have to be patient.  I even went into the bank and had the banker called in. IMO they suck!

Revelate

acschnitzer wrote:

I've tired several times. I they tell me is that I have to be patient.  I even went into the bank and had the banker called in. IMO they suck!

Wells has traditionally been horribly inconsistent with their secured card graduations.

Then all of a sudden last month something like 3ish forum posters here all got their cards graduated.  I'd thought Wells had turned the corner, maybe they didn't.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}