Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo tried to cheat on me

tag
Tanyasf
Established Member

Wells Fargo tried to cheat on me

I used to handle a WF college student card ,I closed it couple weeks ago ,I went to brach today .Trying to ask if them can re-opened it .The  ladty trying to tell me WF will into my credit detail but it won't hurt my credit score ,She establish a new CC applation ,I don't trust her .so when she ask me to sign  ,I rufused .,I said I need time to think about it .Do anyone know If i trying to reopened a cc .The bank can issuse you one without a hard pull of your credit report or hurt you score ????? I don't want to have a WF credit card if them need check my credit repost .Thanks everyone 

PS : I'm not a native English speaker .Excuse me 

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo tried to cheat on me

Umm.  I'm pretty sure that ANY creditor will want to pull your credit before issuing a credit card.

And no, that's not "cheating".

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

Friend .Thanks for reply .But you misunderstand of me .

The lady in brach told me if them issuse me or reopened my credit card .Them don't have to pull up my credit report ,It won't hurt my score at all .As you said  any credit issuer give me a credit card them must check my credit report and will be a hard one .So she is cheatting me ? she commit  me to sign the new applation .It is cheatting because i told her If will hard pull up my credit i don't want to  do it 

Message 3 of 38
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I don't know if she was TRYING to cheat you or not, she could be correct, she could be mistaken, she could be trying to deceive you, but I doubt it...

If you don't want an inquiry on your credit report, you were very wise to NOT sign...

Sometimes, you just don't know if it is an HP or SP until after the fact...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 38
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Never trust a csr at a bank branch. They try to sell you/make you app for everything cus that's where they get the money from.
Try to call instead and see if they could reopen it
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

I called many time .The answer is " NO"

Message 6 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Most banks will not re-open accounts once they are closed. You will have to re-apply for one. If you think your have decent/good credit then you should apply for the WF cash back Visa?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

You are right .but are you kidding me ????? If  someone have good credit why them think about Wells Fargo credit card ???? No one should be bother apply WF credit card .I can't find anything Special on WF .......I rather going to local credit union 

Message 8 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tanyasf wrote:

You are right .but are you kidding me ????? If  someone have good credit why them think about Wells Fargo credit card ???? No one should be bother apply WF credit card .I can't find anything Special on WF .......I rather going to local credit union 

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  However, everyone's experience will vary with WF.  I've banked with them for over 15+ years and have 2 of their card products in addition to a banking relationship.  I have never had any major issues with WF.  Even any tiny issue that I recall from memory, was resolved expediently and satisfactorily.  

Other posters have already mentioned this.  You have choices.  If you are unhappy with WF, go to another banking insitution or CU.

Message 9 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

i don't understand what the real issue is here.

it is either:

1) you closed the account, and now you're complaining because you can't reopen it when you closed it in the first place.

2) your account was closed to deliquency, or WF just felt that you're too big of a risk for them.

I am assuming it is #1, since you said you have good credit. I still don't see how Wells Fargo is cheating on you. That CSR is most likely ignorant and if you really want to insist, you can insist he/she is trying to "con" you of 1 hard inquiry. No one is kidding you. I still don't understand what's the issue about this non-issue, so maybe someone can explain to me.

As to why think of Wells Fargo........maybe personal preference , easy management of all accounts with 1 bank for individuals with checking/savings/investments with them (like walmart for banking products), maybe low APR, maybe high CLI, maybe good service.......who knows? Wells Fargo seems to be doing pretty well so they're doing something right. They may not be right for you, but that doesn't mean they're bad for everyone else.

If you can't find anything special with WF, then don't use WF. Use your credit union, or whatever you want. Some people don't see a point in getting AMEX, and they live as happily without AMEX as those with AMEX. Look at this argument here. I am using an iPhone. Does it mean Android should cease to exist then since I obviously can't find anything special with them?

EDIT: Banks can reopen closed accounts. It's up to them whether they want to. For your case, Wells Fargo doesn't want to. Nothing you can do about it. Just apply for other cards with other banks. There's definitely much better cards to suit your needs and wants.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.