Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo tried to cheat on me

tag
Tanyasf
Established Member

Re: Wells Fargo tried to cheat on me

Master ,I take your word .That's why i stop applying credit card and freeze my all of my credit report companys .My credit has been building since 2011 not too long .

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 21 of 38
stevenngu92
Contributor

So you want to reopen the wells fargo card because it's your oldest tradeline (since 2011)? If that's the case, i wouldn't worry too much about it since there's no point in worrying over a card that's only 1-2 years old when it'll continue to report for 10 years. In 10 years your current cards will be 10+ and the wells fargo should be around 12, so it shouldn't affect your AAoA that much. Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

btw i got 2011 because you said you were building since 2011. if it's a card from let's say 1999 it will indeed impact your AAoA in 10 years when it falls off.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 22 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

Thanks
Message 23 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

Any new post please
Message 24 of 38
vish1
Valued Contributor

Just wonder why your file is just 2 year old. Did you just migrate to USA from somewhere?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 25 of 38
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:
Any new post please

What else are you looking for?  If you called and asked if you could re-open your credit card and was told no, then there is your answer.  WF is not cheating you.  The person you spoke to at the branch didn't know what she was talking about - she probably know the checking and savings products better than the credit products.  You have too many inquiries and a credit score that isn't that great.  Your best bet is to wait a year to let those inquiries drop off, make sure you take care of the credit cards you currently have and get your score up.  Then you will be in a better position to apply for credit cards that will work for you better.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 26 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I gotta agree with most people here than you should wait and let those inquiries fall off. I made the same mistake and till this day im kinda still paying for it. I have about 18 inuqiries now (had 27 at one time) on my EX report. Was trying to rush into credit fast. August was my last application on that report and till this day only have 1 (which was from Bank of America) just a few days ago. But i am wiser now (thanks to myfico and its members) about appying for too much credit. As for WF, it is different for everyone. I have a pretty good relationship with them Have checking/savings/investment/secured CC/mortgage/and even auto loan. Been with them for 10+ years. I know their CC products are not much to fall over but will not leave them just because of that. In your case if you are unhappy with them then im sure there are other banks/CU that will fit your needs.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 27 of 38
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Tanyasf, I just don't understand your whole point from the very beginning, I'm sorry.

You had your WF card that you decided to close a couple of weeks ago. From what I've read before, you were unhappy because of low limit on that card.

IMO, It's quite easy to judge if that decision was right or wrong:

- If you had an annual fee on that card with no decent rewards

and

- If you had other cards with more decent limits

and

- If you've already tried to ask for a CLI (credit line increase) or PC (product change to other card) and was declined

then, most likely, your decision to close the card was right and there was no real reason to keep it.

On the other hand:

- if you had no annual fee on that card

and

- if it was your largest (or even only) or oldest credit line available

and

- if you had no other credit cards

and

- if you had very poor credit history / score

then it might have been not the best decision and you would have better kept the card (maybe just putting it aside and not using it - something that is called SD (sock drawer) here)

In most cases closing card is an irreversible action, especially if it was customer initiated.

Now my question is why you really want to stick to WF? What other cards do you have? Do you have any "baddies" (late payments etc)? What is your income range?

The reason why I'm asking is that 2 years proper history supported by decent income in most cases is enough to get almost any card you want. At least my personal journey supports this...

BTW, what's your native language (sorry for asking)...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 28 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

Yes.I come from Malaysia 

Message 29 of 38
Tanyasf
Established Member

+1

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.