Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo, what to do :( Help me please -- Update

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo, what to do :( Help me please -- Update

So I have a Wells Fargo Platinum that I never use, and found the other day. I completely forgot that I even had that card. 

I logged in yesterday, and the limit was only at 1.1k. I called in for a credit limit increase, and I got the 7-10 day message. However, the CR, two that I spoke to, verified that it would only be a SP if approved or denied. I log in today, and the limit is now sitting at 12k. I called the back door number, and they verified that it was a HP. I have no use of this card, and I only requested the CLI because I was told it would be a SP. And now I have an inquiry on my report Smiley Sad 

What do I do? I do not want this inquiry and they can take back their CL. 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
RBFool
Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo, what to do :( Help me please

Subscribed. I'm not sure myself. I'm 90% sure there is nothing you can do though. But I'd be interested in what the real answer is.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 2 of 27
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

Subscribed. I'm not sure myself. I'm 90% sure there is nothing you can do though. But I'd be interested in what the real answer is.

I was going to close the card today because  I got the 7-10 message. I never use the card, the rewards structure is pathetic, and have no need for it.  I am surprised they never closed it. That's why I made sure that it was going to be a SP. Otherwise, I was going to close it. I mean a 12X credit CLI is nice, but I still do not want it. Not with a HP. 

I am going to contact the EO as a first step. But I need advice as to what steps to take. I am freaking out because I wasn't suppose to apply for a new card unitl Jan of 2015 Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 27
jd352
Regular Contributor

You could always call back and contest that you did not authorize a HP on your credit report. Prior to requesting a CLI, the CSR or analyst must obtain authorization to pull the report. These convo's are typically recorded so you may have a chance just calling back and requesting them to remove the HP as you did not authorize the pull.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 4 of 27
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

You could always call back and contest that you did not authorize a HP on your credit report. Prior to requesting a CLI, the CSR or analyst must obtain authorization to pull the report. These convo's are typically recorded so you may have a chance just calling back and requesting them to remove the HP as you did not authorize the pull.

That's what I told the Credit Analyst. She just apologized. Nothing else. :/

Message 5 of 27
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

So I have a Wells Fargo Platinum that I never use, and found the other day. I completely forgo that I even had that card. 

I logged in yesterday, and the limit was only at 1.1k. I called in for a credit limit increase, and I got the 7-10 day message. However, the CR, two that I spoke to, verified that it would only be a SP if approved or denied. I log in today, and the limit is now sitting at 12k. I called the back door number, and they verified that it was a HP. I have no use of this card, and I only requested the CLI because I was told it would be a SP. And now I have an inquiry on my report Smiley Sad 

sorry to hear about that OP...I'm not sure if they still do have it but WF has a credit bureau dispute department. Call the CSR and ask for the number of to be transfered to it. They will file a dispute and give you a case number. Good luck and keep us updated.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 27
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

So I have a Wells Fargo Platinum that I never use, and found the other day. I completely forgo that I even had that card. 

sorry to hear about that OP...I'm not sure if they still do have it but WF has a credit bureau dispute department. Call the CSR and ask for the number of to be transfered to it. They will file a dispute and give you a case number. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

I just called the EO. A very nice lady named Jeniffer assisted me. She said she was going to go over the call logs to verify that I clearly asked for a soft pull. And if that's the case, she will have the inquiry removed. She said it will take 3-5 business days. And I will be receiving a call back. 

What's in my favor is that I clearly asked for a soft pull and they never read to me a hard pull disclosure(Jeniffer asked that). 

I feel a bit better now, but still freaking out hahaha. 

Message 7 of 27
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

I just called the EO. A very nice lady named Jeniffer assisted me. She said she was going to go over the call logs to verify that I clearly asked for a soft pull. And if that's the case, she will have the inquiry removed. She said it will take 3-5 business days. And I will be receiving a call back. 

What's in my favor is that I clearly asked for a soft pull and they never read to me a hard pull disclosure(Jeniffer asked that). 

thats some promising news! heck, they may even let you keep the increase!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 27
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

thats some promising news! heck, they may even let you keep the increase!

If they do, a 12X CLI via SP is freaking amazing. I really do not care though. They can take it back. If they let me keep the increase, I'll keep the account open. Otherwise, it's getting closed. I just do no want this inquiry. I was doing so well in the garden!

I'll keep you all updated when Jennifer calls me back. 

Message 9 of 27
39Xelor
Established Member

I say congrats!!! 12k bud! Keep it open, and although you dont want to use the card, maybe try and keep that nice TL open?

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.