tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo, you're kidding.......

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I never knew that. Another reason to not use my crappy WF card. Been thinking about closing it. haha. 

Why do you still have it? WF is one of the worst IMO.

Just haven't gotten around to closing it. It never gets used, and sits at it's abysmal $900 limit. Smiley Tongue 

Closed my WF bank accounts, then re-opened a checking account when they offered me $100, then closed it again. xD

I wanna close my WF bank accounts right now. Just not sure whether to just call them or not.

I just did it online. lol. 

Message 21 of 37
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I never knew that. Another reason to not use my crappy WF card. Been thinking about closing it. haha. 

Just haven't gotten around to closing it. It never gets used, and sits at it's abysmal $900 limit. Smiley Tongue 

Closed my WF bank accounts, then re-opened a checking account when they offered me $100, then closed it again. xD

I wanna close my WF bank accounts right now. Just not sure whether to just call them or not.

Still trying to find the link to close the thing. I don't want this piece of junk anymore.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 22 of 37
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Other than having a great historic name, Wells Fargo has little to offer the general public. They do have my mortgage, but I'm leaning towards refi-ing with someone else even if its to save a few decimal pts. on our rate. I want to sever all ties.

Message 23 of 37
core
Valued Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Other than having a great historic name, Wells Fargo has little to offer the general public.

I'm sure they're pleased to hear you say that.  They paid a lot of money for that name not too long ago.  ("They" being Norwest.)  Looks like they're getting their money's worth.  I was a customer of Norwest at the time and I can't say I liked the change back then.  So I burned em and got on Chex.  Ok, so that wasn't the only reason.

Message 24 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Uncapped 5%? Is this the same card where the 5% is only for a total of 6 months?

Uncapped for 6% months, yes. Smiley Happy    When you can blow through a gazillion bucks in 6 months I sure call that uncapped!

By all accounts (I haven't got this card) to blow a gazillion bucks, or even half a gazillion, you need a WF checking account, because bill pay from other sources doesn't update the available credit quickly enough for multiple CLs per cycle.

Message 25 of 37
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Still trying to find the link to close the thing. I don't want this piece of junk anymore.

You send a message saying you want to close the account. 

Message 26 of 37
NRB525
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Uncapped 5%? Is this the same card where the 5% is only for a total of 6 months?

Uncapped for 6% months, yes. Smiley Happy    When you can blow through a gazillion bucks in 6 months I sure call that uncapped!

By all accounts (I haven't got this card) to blow a gazillion bucks, or even half a gazillion, you need a WF checking account, because bill pay from other sources doesn't update the available credit quickly enough for multiple CLs per cycle.

Sounds like they have a good way to limit MS Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 27 of 37
happypill
Valued Contributor

It seems like WF operates their business with the traditional home savings & loan model.  Their primary business is taking deposits, then loaning the money out on home loans and make money off the rate difference between the two.  I don't think they've ever been big players in more aggressive parts of the banking world.  Their investment banking is a joke, they don't have significant presence as a brokerage and I guess they don't like to be competitive in the CC market either.

Their choice on what they want to offer, but no reason for most people to deal with them.

Message 28 of 37
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

You send a message saying you want to close the account. 

Thank God their phone line is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just got off the phone and they closed the accounts just like I asked.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 29 of 37
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

In the year 2015 I have to call in and make a payment via the telephone? Are you joking? I had no idea, it is REQUIRED to have a Wells Fargo checking/savings account to pay your bill online. Had I known this I would not have applied. This whole experience with them has been a total nightmare, Ive had the card 1 one day and I already want to close it. Im annoyed and totally befuddled right now.

It's not required, nor does one have to "push" from an outside account.

I've been a WF customer for years.  I currently have a Propel 365 card, and  years prior to that, a WF Platinum Visa.  Since the beginning, and also with the addtion of the Propel card, I've always been able to make payments TO my WF account FROM my credit union account.  I simply added in the routing number and account number from my CU to the WF account I wanted to pay.

When you log in to WF and get your account home page, there should be an "Account Services" tab at the top.  Under that, there's a whole list of transactions available, and there should be heading for "Transfers" and then a sub-heading for "Transfer To/From A non-Wells Fargo Account".  That's where one inputs the account information one wants to use. 

WF does limit the number of payments to 2 or 3 payments on line in this manner, per billing cycle.  If one needs to make payments more frequently, then the "push" option from your local bank would be available. 

Also, my account reflects the payment within 24 hours, and usually hits my credit union  within 24-48hrs. 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.