Re: Wells Fargo, you're kidding.......

Wells Fargo lets you set up autopay from other banks
I signed up to make monthly payments from my Chase account
here is proof

Message 31 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, but some of us don't want to do auto payments, do they let you pay manually using another account?

Not that it matters, I hate Wells Fargo, lol I have to go into a Wells Fargo almost everyday to drop off deposits and get change for the store I work at, and they are constantly bugging me to open a checking with them even though I explained that I have two TD banks within 2 minutes of my house, and the nearest Wells Fargo is more like 15 minutes. Why in the world would I choose them? And their credit cards basically suck (not that TD's are any better - banks seem to love doing these "5% back for 6 months and then worthless 1%" cards).

Message 32 of 37
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, but some of us don't want to do auto payments, do they let you pay manually using another account?

Not that it matters, I hate Wells Fargo, lol I have to go into a Wells Fargo almost everyday to drop off deposits and get change for the store I work at, and they are constantly bugging me to open a checking with them even though I explained that I have two TD banks within 2 minutes of my house, and the nearest Wells Fargo is more like 15 minutes. Why in the world would I choose them? And their credit cards basically suck (not that TD's are any better - banks seem to love doing these "5% back for 6 months and then worthless 1%" cards).

Yes.   That is what I do with my account, I don't use autopay.

Message 33 of 37
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@happypill wrote:

It seems like WF operates their business with the traditional home savings & loan model.  Their primary business is taking deposits, then loaning the money out on home loans and make money off the rate difference between the two.  I don't think they've ever been big players in more aggressive parts of the banking world.  Their investment banking is a joke, they don't have significant presence as a brokerage and I guess they don't like to be competitive in the CC market either.

Their choice on what they want to offer, but no reason for most people to deal with them.

Their mortgage processing is the worst....they do better buying mortgages already originated elsewhere and servicing them.  So they are no good with cc's and no good with loaning money....what does that leave????? Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 37
MattInBham1979
Established Member

Message 35 of 37
northface28
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yes.   That is what I do with my account, I don't use autopay.

im not saying youre a liar but this simply is not true in my case. Ive called 3 seperate times and the reps have confirmed my findings. Oddly enough, when I follow your instructions and go to "Account Services" and "Transfers' I see everything you listed. When I go to add my OUTSIDE bank account, the page is "unavailable", however setting up a recurring payment is up and open for business. Funny how that works.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 36 of 37
northface28
Established Contributor

After an hour on hold, Ive been told that my account needed an "update" and paying with an outside bank account will be available to me in 4 hours. Ive spent more time on the phone with WF this week than I have combined in the last 3 years with my other CC companies. 

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.