Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo ...

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo ...

RE:, I tend take with a huge grain of salt whenever a personal banker implies having deposit accounts will have a positive effect on a credit application.

+1

bankers say a lot of things

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 21 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I wanted options on the following:

Wells Fargo Credit dept says they are a "whole relationship bank, meaning if I keep a lot of $$ on deposit with them, that will be taken into consideration when I go to appy for a credit product with them.  I like this concept, but I don't know if I want a big bank.

If I bank with Charlies Schwab, I am not charged any fees on any ATM's ever, but I can't build any kind of credit relationship with them because they don't offer any credit products.

Question :

In your experience with Wells Fargo, knowing they are a whole relationship bank, how much do you think they use your assets with them in granting credit. ??

For instance suppose I have had 50k on deposit with them for one yr and I want a credit card, unsecured with a 10k limit, I have no debt, but a 5 yr old bk....what are my odds of approval?

Thank you

I do believe that having a total banking relationship will help with credit decisions, but the exceptions/overrides depend on the value of the relationship. Also, the banker also can make a difference as well. Some will go out to bat for you and others will do the minimum. YMVV.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i had an wellsfargo checking account with them for about 5+ years, they never really offered me anything till i decided to close my account and transfer money to credit union. As soon as i did that, they called and sent me letters for pre approved credit card. Coincedence i think not Smiley Happy

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 24
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

RE:, I tend take with a huge grain of salt whenever a personal banker implies having deposit accounts will have a positive effect on a credit application.

+1

bankers say a lot of things

++1 Agreed!!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.