Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells fargo vs BOA card

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Wells fargo vs BOA card

the rewards for these cards are a little on the confusing side witch one do you like better? Im also open to other cards but i would like them to be visa.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells fargo vs BOA card

Cant stand either bank, in this case BoA over WF.

Message 2 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

BOA... Never had any issues with them. Recently got 2K to 15K CL

Message 3 of 11
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

thanks for the help. im currently in the garden but looking to make my next app worth it. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

thanks for the help. im currently in the garden but looking to make my next app worth it. 

HANDS DOWN Bank of America... you can talk directly with a credit analyst, you can get frequent CLI, large CLI, and rewards are 10x better, and depending on card can be pretty blah but still better then wells after the promo period.

I would look at a Fidelity Amex which is through FIA/BofA and is 2% on ALL purchases, it's my partner and I's daily card!

Message 5 of 11
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

HANDS DOWN Bank of America... you can talk directly with a credit analyst, you can get frequent CLI, large CLI, and rewards are 10x better, and depending on card can be pretty blah but still better then wells after the promo period.

I would look at a Fidelity Amex which is through FIA/BofA and is 2% on ALL purchases, it's my partner and I's daily card!

I would like to get the FIA but i was thinking of adding a visa because it is accpted more places then my current card. the FIA would put me at 3 amex cards and one discover. 
Who runs the credit check on the FIA BOA or AMEX??

Message 6 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Amex is only the payment network used for the card. Its issued by FIA BOA only. amex has no role in issuing or denying you for this card.

and 

+100000 to everything that creditaddict mentioned in last post. I have been stuck with a crap WF card from past 6-7 years on same CL. Closing it this week.

Message 7 of 11
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Amex is only the payment network used for the card. Its issued by FIA BOA only. amex has no role in issuing or denying you for this card.

and 

+100000 to everything that creditaddict mentioned in last post. I have been stuck with a crap WF card from past 6-7 years on same CL. Closing it this week.

Thanks! im not looking for a Daily card i have the AMEX gold for the im more looking for a card for when there is a problem with amex or they dont take discover. more like a backup plan. i was looking at chase for there freedom card or amazon card (i shop there alot) but something always brings me back to BOA

Message 8 of 11
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on Cap1 quicksilver?

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

Any thoughts on Cap1 quicksilver?

Great for daily use card, it's or fidelity backup

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.