cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wen does PenFed report the new account opened ?

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Wen does PenFed report the new account opened ?

I was approved last week for the cash rewards anyone know wen they report to the CB the new account,

I called and they said my first due date is may 7 does this Mean the card will be reported than or it can be before ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wen does PenFed report the new account opened ?

@kugel wrote:
I was approved last week for the cash rewards anyone know wen they report to the CB the new account,

I called and they said my first due date is may 7 does this Mean the card will be reported than or it can be before ?

look for it by the end of this week - as soon as you can see your first statement online, it should be reporting.

Message 2 of 7
kugel
Valued Contributor

Will it lower allot my score ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Will it lower allot my score ?

Hard to say - I opened up a $5k card with penfed, a $15k CLOC with Navy and a $15.9k auto loan with Navy all in the same week - average point drop across all CRA's was 4 points.

Huge YMMV

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine reported pretty quick.  Within the 1st week of opening.

Message 5 of 7
kugel
Valued Contributor

Just checked in CCT the new PenFed is reporting on equifax and no score change does this mean I am good or it still may show a score drop later ??
Also I opened a checking account with PenFed so I can get 2% cash back on my new power card they gave me
A over draft line of credit of $500 will the show up on my credit report as a new TL
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having a hard time figuring out why my Penfed car loan (opened February 24) is reporting on EQ and EX since last month but still not TU as of today. From what I see with Discover - I opened that card on March 22 and started using it on April 1, and it finally appeared on TU yesterday - I suppose it won't report until the first payment activity posts; I have my first online payment scheduled for tomorrow so we'll see what happens next week.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.