cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went Over The Limit By $12 On Accident...

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Went Over The Limit By $12 On Accident...

don't sweat it nothing happens.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 11 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

As long as you have not selected for going over your limit as an option, if they let you go over for a very small amount or if Signature, it's not an issue... 

How long have you had this card? Might be good time to take the HP and get more limit to handle your monthly charging needs?

What about a new card with someone else?

GE might loosen up better or Barclay for Apple Visa and can recon very easily with them!

Message 12 of 16
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

As long as you have not selected for going over your limit as an option, if they let you go over for a very small amount or if Signature, it's not an issue... 

How long have you had this card? Might be good time to take the HP and get more limit to handle your monthly charging needs?

GE might loosen up better or Barclay for Apple Visa and can recon very easily with them!

I have the Apple Barclays Card with a $3400 credit limit....I've gotten two $1000 credit limit increases from them and have had ot for a little over a year...

I will have had the Chase Freedom for a year in December or so...Its the card I use the most along with my AMEX Green...

My utilization is about 60-65% right now though which is why im not really too sure about trying for a CLI? Id really love to get one on my Chase Freedom though...

Message 13 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have the Apple Barclays Card with a $3400 credit limit....I've gotten two $1000 credit limit increases from them and have had ot for a little over a year...

I will have had the Chase Freedom for a year in December or so...Its the card I use the most along with my AMEX Green...

My utilization is about 60-65% right now though which is why im not really too sure about trying for a CLI? Id really love to get one on my Chase Freedom though...

I would work on getting your UTL down before requesting a CLI from chase. It'll be a hard pull from chase and you'll probably be denied due to your high UTL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would work on getting your UTL down before requesting a CLI from chase. It'll be a hard pull from chase and you'll probably be denied due to your high UTL.

If your CL is $500 and you PIF or do multiple payments usually it's not going to matter if you are at $90 or $504 right now... I would be surprised if they held that against you... the point is it's a terrible limit and it's LONG over due to increase... and they can easily see what you have done with the card each month and payments and such and then see on your report this card with a 7x HIGHER CL.... 

Message 15 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would call their executive office and see if they can do a SP review for a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.