Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went a little nutty with new CCs...

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Went a little nutty with new CCs...

Application sprees are a form of reckless behavior and should not be taken lightly.  When I read these stories, I feel like I am hearing the Monday morning confession of how a heavy drinker consumed too much alcohol over the weekend.  I abused credit cards a while back, and I realize that it can be an addiction.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 11 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol UnwG, not all application sprees are reckless behavior, there are many here who actually do plan it out right and alot based on what they've learned here. Many can be but if it works for that person thats what counts imo. Knowing what i know now i would definitely recommend planing out ones app spree so one knows what to expect from each perspective creditorSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol UnwG, not all application sprees are reckless behavior, there are many here who actually do plan it out right and alot based on what they've learned here. Many can be but if it works for that person thats what counts imo. Knowing what i know now i would definitely recommend planing out ones app spree so one knows what to expect from each perspective creditorSmiley Happy

Yeah, this is what I am trying to figure out. Lol. It obviously works for some when you look at their sigs.

On one hand, I have one card and get comments telling me I need more. No reason for Cap1 to keep increasing me when they have no competition in my profile. 

I waited 6+ months in to apply for my 2nd card that I may or may not get and hoping to hit something else before it's on my reports. My entire reasoning being that they will be sitting in the garden for over a year before I am ready to try for another prime card.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.