Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went for big 61 day Amex increase

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Went for big 61 day Amex increase

All my spending was on my prg for November and December that way it wouldn't factor as utilization
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 31 of 58
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
All my spending was on my prg for November and December that way it wouldn't factor as utilization

It's possible that they were concerned that your balance on that was too high in comparison to your income.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 32 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So, they didn't say the amount requested exceeded their guidelines?

Message 33 of 58
creditballer
Regular Contributor

I went for it also on the 61st day and was denied due to account too new...Blue Sky $9k and I asked for $20K....so, should I wait for 6mos and try again?

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 34 of 58
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@creditballer wrote:
I went for it also on the 61st day and was denied due to account too new...Blue Sky $9k and I asked for $20K....so, should I wait for 6mos and try again?

Sounds like you jumped the gun, has it been exactly 61 days since opening AND 6 months since the last American Express CLI? Remember that many people confuse the opening dates. 

Message 35 of 58
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@creditballer wrote:

Sounds like you jumped the gun, has it been exactly 61 days since opening AND 6 months since the last American Express CLI? Remember that many people confuse the opening dates. 

+1

Well, the good thing is the OP can re-submit again without the penalty if the trigger was pulled prematurely.

Message 36 of 58
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

My thinking is that you might have squeezed by if you had went for the 3X. Just a theory.

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 37 of 58
score_building
Senior Contributor

Seems asking for 9k and then perhaps 24k after 6 months would provide less of a hassle factor than a potential F/R trigger. Unless one wishes to try and prompt a doc request, to result in higher limit for holders of a sufficiently strong profile.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 38 of 58
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Seems asking for 9k and then perhaps 24k after 6 months would provide less of a hassle factor than a potential F/R trigger. Unless one wishes to try and prompt a doc request, to result in higher limit for holders of a sufficiently strong profile.

Who knows... I knew that I did not want to go over the 25K so I decided to do the 2 x on the 61days only 5K to 10K -and wait for the next 180days and ask for 25K. This strategy worked well for me.

Message 39 of 58
score_building
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Who knows... I knew that I did not want to go over the 25K so I decided to do the 2 x on the 61days only 5K to 10K -and wait for the next 180days and ask for 25K. This strategy worked well for me.

Well played!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.