Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went on App spree, need help with a decision

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Went on App spree, need help with a decision

@ac921ol wrote:
So what I'm getting is, don't call chase for a CLI on my freedom. I should focus on my cap1 one more so then my cred1 and just start paying them both off and once I'm done just cancel my cred1.

Bingo!

Message 11 of 19
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

What about doing a BT of the cred1 and closing that account. I'd rather pay the 3% of the balance fee, and not pay the everyday interest charge and the monthly $9 fee for cred1 and it's 0% apr for 15 months on the freedom. Or stick to my first plan.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 12 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You would need to do the math but tbh it would be best to pay it off from your own funds.

Edit: typo
Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ac921ol wrote:
What about doing a BT of the cred1 and closing that account. I'd rather pay the 3% of the balance fee, and not pay the everyday interest charge and the monthly $9 fee for cred1 and it's 0% apr for 15 months on the freedom. Or stick to my first plan.

If you have the funds this week (as you mentioned in your prior post), funnel the amount to PIF the CreditOne and then close it.  Whether you decide to BT CapitalOne to Freedom is up to you.

@ac921ol wrote:
I find it odd I apply for the freedom they give me $1509 then I apply (30min later) for the CSP, and I got approved for 5k, you don't think it's possible to use that also as a CLI as well as using the BT amount.

Why focus on cap1? I can essentially pay $200 $200 on both accounts this week if I want.
Message 14 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
You would need to do the bath but tbh it would be best to pay it off from your own funds.

+1

I'm sure Lexie meant *math* Smiley Wink  Either case, I concur.

Message 15 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 19
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Are you suggesting my own funds cause it looks bad doing a BT and closing? Or to teach me a lesson? If it looks bad then by all means, I'll pay it off myself.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 17 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You indicated that you were going to pay $200x2 - I'm not sure what you mean by 'teach you a lesson' but it's always wise to pay off debt with your money than borrowed money. If it cannot be done then do a BT
Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
You indicated that you were going to pay $200x2 - I'm not sure what you mean by 'teach you a lesson' but it's always wise to pay off debt with your money than borrowed money. If it cannot be done then do a BT

OP  -  I'm perplexed...where does this thing about "teach you a lesson" come from?  Lexie (and others) were simply providing the best guidance/advice considering your situation.

Ultimately, you can do whatever is in your comfort zone or based on your financial situation; however, if you are asking for advice, it seems to me the folks on this thread have provided it to you with their best and honest intentions.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.