cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went on a app spree and .................

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Went on a app spree and .................

Got approved for 2 of the 5, I apped for. Got the Barclays apple card with a limit of 1,700 and Discover More card for 1,200. So I am happy the rest of them are the standard wait for 7 days, which in my experience means denial.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Went on a app spree and .................

........or they just need you to call in to verify some info. You should always try to recon because it's better than just getting a HP for nothing.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Got approved for 2 of the 5, I apped for. Got the Barclays apple card with a limit of 1,700 and Discover More card for 1,200. So I am happy the rest of them are the standard wait for 7 days, which in my experience means denial.

what all did you app for? whats your credit file look like?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the two approvals. What were the other cards you applied for?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 16
dodgeball
Established Contributor

MY Equifax is 690 Experian 650 Fako Transunion is 660, My Equifax is clear with untility in the 60%. Experian and transunion both have two collections on it that are paid and 4 years old. I apped for the Carbelas visa, Citi Bank and Chase Slate.

FYI Just called Barclays and got my limit to $2500

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Call them, they might need to just verify your info... I don't think you were out of line for approvals on those additional cards!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 16
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just called Cabreas and for some wierd reason they said my credit score was not high enough 690, who would of thunk that. Barclays approved me on EX my worse by far. Oh well

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 16
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Not necesarily.  I apped for the AMEX plat, and got that message.  3 days later I was sent the approval notice. 

I applied for the discover more card with a requested limit of 14K.  They gave me the message of 30 days.  I though this was a sure denial, but a CSR called me only one question.  "Why did you close your last discover card." I stated they would not reduce my interest rate, and my credit profile should have allowed the drop (20+% with a high 700 score).  She thanked me and approved the request. 

My last 2 apps were giving the 7-10, and 30 day notice, and both were approved without have to recon.

Message 8 of 16
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Thanks for the encouragment just got off the phone with chase, and I got approved with a 2k limit got my foot in the door. Time to Garden

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 9 of 16
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Ha! Success!

Great job, that's why you never waste a HP

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.