cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went through with Amex gold car invitation - received a new offer a week later.

tag
BearOSO
Contributor

Went through with Amex gold car invitation - received a new offer a week later.

I app'd for the gold card almost a month ago, about a week later i receive another invitation but this time with an offer for 15000 MR points after spending 1k/3 months. I have received about 5 more invitations with this offer. Can I call in and see if I can participate in this offer or am I out of luck (or like my gf says; greedy lol)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jhr4
Established Member

Re: Went through with Amex gold car invitation - received a new offer a week later.

Same thing happened to me. Approved in early December and received better offer letters the following week (15000 MR points). I called a CSR twice and was unable to get the sign up offer I received later.

Message 2 of 4
BearOSO
Contributor

Re: Went through with Amex gold car invitation - received a new offer a week later.

@jhr4 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Approved in early December and received better offer letters the following week (15000 MR points). I called a CSR twice and was unable to get the sign up offer I received later.

Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@BearOSO wrote:

@jhr4 wrote:

Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up. Thanks!

They used to be more lenient but seemed to have cracked down.  Never hurts to ask though.  All they can do is say no. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.