cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went to pay my Chase Slate - Did I miss a payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to pay my Chase Slate - Did I miss a payment?

I have 2 cards with Chase, the Slate and the Freedom. My Slates due date was on July 2nd, though I used it on June 30th to add $20 to my MetroCard.

I went on Chases site today to payoff the Slate and it said that I have a balance of $20, my payment due date was July 2nd, and the minimum payment due was $0. Okay, cool. The only thing is, when I went to payoff that $20 just now (I only like to have one of my cards report a balance), it said that I was paying the $20 on July 5th, but for the July 2nd payment. So does this mean its a late payment or what?

To be honest, I didn't check, but I don't even think that $20 would have shown up on or before the 2nd considering I used it on June 30th.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went to pay my Chase Slate - Did I miss a payment?

No, you haven't missed a payment as the due date was not a business day.  But for peace of mind, call them just to confirm.

Message 2 of 6
gibeon
Established Contributor

Also, you're next statement hasn't cut yet, so your payment has to go towards the current statement.

If the balance due was $0 you're totally fine.

No harm, no foul.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The others are right. I have the same 2 cards. You should be fine.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what's happening is that since your payment is due the 2nd, your statement likely cuts around the 5th/6th. I'm guessing you made that $20 payment before the statement cut so it's applying it to the account before the statement is generated and so before you have a new, min due 8/2. I think you accomplished just what you wanted, paying the balance so it'll report zero. 

ETA: I SWEAR I didn't see the other responses when I posted. Need. More. Coffee. I guess I forgot to scroll. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well for reporting purposes it's Chase so it doesn't matter anyway: it'd re-report zero as soon as it lands.

At absolute worst case we're talking a late fee that you can probably get yourself out of but I'm guessing this is a no harm no foul situation.  There won't be any notation of a late on your report, you'd have to miss the next payment date too for that to happen (30+ days late).

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.