Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Elm and Comenity in general

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

West Elm and Comenity in general

So...

I have a really long story, but I will make it brief.

in April, I wound up wasting a HP for a "pre approved"  Total Rewards Visa. I never received any contact from Comenity. Figured I'd add a new high limit card to my portfolio and maybe cut the Smile Gen one.  I even called the backdoor number, and they told me it was because the addresses didn't match. I gave them the correct one on the app. The lady treated me like an idiot and made it seem like it was my fault.... GREAT.... I had 0 inquiries on EQ, and because of that, I would up with an inquiry with no new credit; GREAT.She said they didnt even pull my credit, which was a LIE.  Keep  in mind, I've had an Abercrombie and Fitch card for almost 8 years with about a $3k cl(closed last fall) and currently have open a $3k Express,$7k Smile Gen card , and a $4500 mypoints Visa-all 1 to 7 years old with no default EVER.

So I let that one go.

well, I impulsively applied for West Elm the other day. I genuinely may need to purchase furniture for a new apartment at a new Community I may be managing.

I applied Mid June. Got the 7-10 day letter. Havent' heard anything until this point. Ive tried calling CUstomer Care, I have tried calling the backdoor number to no avail. Customer service never knows anything. THey can't even look up the daggum app. Comenity sure does have some lazy people working for them. I've noticed their level of "trying" all depends on the person. Usually, if I get a like minded younger male, they will go out of their way. But some of those dumb young females really annoy me, and they are SO condescending. UGH bet their mommies still pay their rent. hah. What a joke.

Comentiy is really starting to pmtfo.  What do I do???? I've wasted two iinquiries with them, and I never hear anything - no letter, no nothing- even though I have a substantial existing relationship. It's clear that all of my info is correct. ALl of my accounts have the same addy on them!!!

Oh AND THE KICKER.. even though I applied over two weeks ago, they JUST pulled my EQ on July 2nd. What kind of show are they running???

anyone have any advice? Obviously, I have other cards that can handle a couple thousand in furniture, or I could just pay cash. I like to use my cred though.  My goal was to be able to open West Elm and close that $7k Smile Generation card that will never get used again heh.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: West Elm and Comenity in general

Lot's of companies will stop the process if the addresses don't match.  If you know that something like this might be a problem or you moved sometime in the last year, you might want to complete an application rather than rely on "pre-approvals".

Credit card fraud and identity theft is rampant... You can't blame the company for following steps to protect their interests and prevent identity theft of individuals.

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

So...

I have a really long story, but I will make it brief.

in April, I wound up wasting a HP for a "pre approved"  Total Rewards Visa. I never received any contact from Comenity. Figured I'd add a new high limit card to my portfolio and maybe cut the Smile Gen one.  I even called the backdoor number, and they told me it was because the addresses didn't match. I gave them the correct one on the app. The lady treated me like an idiot and made it seem like it was my fault.... GREAT.... I had 0 inquiries on EQ, and because of that, I would up with an inquiry with no new credit; GREAT.She said they didnt even pull my credit, which was a LIE.  Keep  in mind, I've had an Abercrombie and Fitch card for almost 8 years with about a $3k cl(closed last fall) and currently have open a $3k Express,$7k Smile Gen card , and a $4500 mypoints Visa-all 1 to 7 years old with no default EVER.

So I let that one go.

well, I impulsively applied for West Elm the other day. I genuinely may need to purchase furniture for a new apartment at a new Community I may be managing.

I applied Mid June. Got the 7-10 day letter. Havent' heard anything until this point. Ive tried calling CUstomer Care, I have tried calling the backdoor number to no avail. Customer service never knows anything. THey can't even look up the daggum app. Comenity sure does have some lazy people working for them. I've noticed their level of "trying" all depends on the person. Usually, if I get a like minded younger male, they will go out of their way. But some of those dumb young females really annoy me, and they are SO condescending. UGH bet their mommies still pay their rent. hah. What a joke.

Comentiy is really starting to pmtfo.  What do I do???? I've wasted two iinquiries with them, and I never hear anything - no letter, no nothing- even though I have a substantial existing relationship. It's clear that all of my info is correct. ALl of my accounts have the same addy on them!!!

Oh AND THE KICKER.. even though I applied over two weeks ago, they JUST pulled my EQ on July 2nd. What kind of show are they running???

anyone have any advice? Obviously, I have other cards that can handle a couple thousand in furniture, or I could just pay cash. I like to use my cred though.  My goal was to be able to open West Elm and close that $7k Smile Generation card that will never get used again heh.

Message 2 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well I got ahold of someone who wasnt a complete idiot.

Got $4k at West Elm. Will do online cli once received!!!

Mostly thanking credit addict for Backdoor num.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can go online and create the account for West Elm now without the card and try the CLI Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 13
keithB
Established Contributor

Glad it worked itself out.  Either you probably got a n00B rep or you got someone who just didn't care.  But that's at anywhere you go Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I always get crappy reps at Comentiy. Good thing I dont owe them a dime.

I could have complained that the $4k wasn't more like $10k, but I let it go.

i still plan to battle Comentiy and the CRAs until they REMOVE that daggum inq from March/April for the Total Rewards Visa they say I never applied for,

losers!

Thanks Credit addict! will do !

Message 6 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

hah. It said I wasn't eligible for an increase. oh well. fuhget them.

Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

hah. It said I wasn't eligible for an increase. oh well. fuhget them.

I think they caught on and fixed the system!

Message 8 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I always get crappy reps at Comentiy. Good thing I dont owe them a dime.

I could have complained that the $4k wasn't more like $10k, but I let it go.

i still plan to battle Comentiy and the CRAs until they REMOVE that daggum inq from March/April for the Total Rewards Visa they say I never applied for,

losers!

Thanks Credit addict! will do !

I've closed all my cards with Comenity and refuse to open ANY card they issue - who needs the grief for a high APR card with no service on the rare chance I might need it.

Message 9 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Ron.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.