cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What AMEX Card to Apply For?

Super Contributor

What AMEX Card to Apply For?

 

I need to get approved for a new AMEX card if I want my 1997 member since date to ever appear on my credit reports.  What card should I apply for?  I do not won't an AF card. I already have the AMEX Blue Everyday.   Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

Um....

 

Try the Amex clear, I guess...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 23
Super Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

I may just wait to see what happens with my Target Visa first.  If they correct my opening date to 1996, I can avoid incurring a new inquiry with AMEX. 

Message 3 of 23
Established Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?


DI wrote:

I may just wait to see what happens with my Target Visa first.  If they correct my opening date to 1996, I can avoid incurring a new inquiry with AMEX. 


Good call. Did they give you a timeframe to fix the reporting issue for your Target Visa?

FICO: EX: 763 (12/16); TU: 786 (12/16); EQ 731 (12/16)
Amex Blue Cash Preferred | Amex SimplyCash Plus | Chase Amazon Prime VS | Chase Freedom VS | Discover IT | Penfed Power Cash Rewards VS | Sams Club MC | USAA Limitless Rewards PV
Message 4 of 23
Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

Do you have an Amex Charge Card as well? or just the Blue?

 

I know it has an annual fee after the first year, but I would recomend the Delta Gold if you have a charge card too, since you can then use it to redeem your MR points for gift cards at retarded low rate, especially if you transfer them using the bonuses.

 

transfer 50k points when then have the 50% bonus points offer, get 75k miles. use 75k miles for $600 in amex gift cards (11k points each if you have a delta amex.)


Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 23
Super Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

 


UFGuy2006 wrote:

DI wrote:

I may just wait to see what happens with my Target Visa first.  If they correct my opening date to 1996, I can avoid incurring a new inquiry with AMEX. 


Good call. Did they give you a timeframe to fix the reporting issue for your Target Visa?


Target have until June 29th to respond to the BBB complaint that I filed.

Message 6 of 23
Super Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

 


Amnesia87 wrote:

Do you have an Amex Charge Card as well? or just the Blue?

 

I know it has an annual fee after the first year, but I would recomend the Delta Gold if you have a charge card too, since you can then use it to redeem your MR points for gift cards at retarded low rate, especially if you transfer them using the bonuses.

 

transfer 50k points when then have the 50% bonus points offer, get 75k miles. use 75k miles for $600 in amex gift cards (11k points each if you have a delta amex.)


I only have the Blue.

Message 7 of 23
Senior Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

Hilton HHonors has no AF.  Search around before you apply.  I think the bonus offer through Hilton's website is better than through Amex's site.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 23
Valued Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?


DI wrote:

 

I need to get approved for a new AMEX card if I want my 1997 member since date to ever appear on my credit reports.  What card should I apply for?  I do not won't an AF card. I already have the AMEX Blue Everyday.   Thanks!


 

 

I think I'm losing my mind, 'cause I'm still reading this anal retentive cr*p.

 

I just told my dog to shut up...and he wasn't even barking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message 9 of 23
Valued Contributor

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?


DI wrote:

 

I need to get approved for a new AMEX card if I want my 1997 member since date to ever appear on my credit reports.  What card should I apply for?  I do not won't an AF card. I already have the AMEX Blue Everyday.   Thanks!


Can they do it on your Blue everyday?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Message 10 of 23