cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What APR can I negotiate with my FICO score? Is there a chart somewhere?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What APR can I negotiate with my FICO score? Is there a chart somewhere?

When I called Discover, they said I had to fill out a form that they would send. I figured this was bull, but that I would see what is on that form and fill it out and call back if no success. The form just had me enter my contact information and acc't number, and I had to sign stating that I met the following qualifications for consideration:

Account open at least 12 months
Account not delinquent in last 12 months
Account not overlimit in last 12 months
Account has not had a lower APR in last 12 months
Account has not been closed, revoked, or suspended

I did my homework, and on April 17 I will meet all of these criteria. So I filled it out but won't mail it until then. [Actually I have never been overlimit, never suspended, and just 2 late payments less than 30 days each.]

I also wrote a nice business letter to accompany the paper starting the credit card offers I am receiving (12.99%-15.99%), that I like the card for bull reasons, etc...

We'll see what happens.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What APR can I negotiate with my FICO score? Is there a chart somewhere?

I wanted to add to the thread - they did reduce it to 24.99%. Since then, though, I have opened a few prime cards (but luck I was accepted) and am going to BT most of it, and pay off the rest!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.