Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are My Chances - Yet Another!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Are My Chances - Yet Another!

Hello!

I have had my Capital One Platinum card since July '06 with a CL of $500. Well I didn't know about these forums and backdoor numbers so I never sought to get a CLI and reading around, it seems as if the backdoor number is iffy right now. The thing is I want to get more lines of credit, and right now my best bet is getting two more credit cards. I'm very skeptical about store cards from GEMB right now so I would apply for that later on...maybe next year around this time. Well here's my stats, 23K income, no expenses except for rent which is $350 a month. I'm not a student anymore either. I wanted to apply for prime cards even if the CL is shabby in order to grow with them and vice versa. I was thinking of applying for a Discover More card or an AmEx Clear but I don't want to waste inquiries if I'm going to get turned down. I'm in FL as well. WAMC do you think of getting approved for either/both? Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I think everyone's situation is unique Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What Are My Chances - Yet Another!

your scores are good enough for amex but if all you have is cap1 with $500, amex probably won't take a leap and give you the starting 2k for clear I believe.

Discover you might be able to obtain and if not instant through backdoor. 

Message 2 of 5
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

Just curious, but do you know why your Equifax is so low in comparison to the other 2? Must be something different reporting?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne didn't report to Equifax as yet when I pulled my scores...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are kind of in the same boat I am. I just recently graduated college. I didn't know I received a Citi MTVu Visa in College. I checked my reports and saw it on there. CL is $3,500. I called and received the card in the mail today. However, because I am no longer a college student, I converted it to the Preferred Rewards MC. CL is still $3,500 and APR of 11.24%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.