cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are The Benefits Of Getting The United MileagePlus Club Card?

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Getting The United MileagePlus Club Card?

When I had the United card, my favorite perk was the club access
Message 2 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

ooops

Message 3 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

United club membership and 1.5 back on every 1 instead of 1 to 1 on standard purchases. For the hefty 450 fee I think I'd only do it if I flew United always and values the club membership.
Message 4 of 7
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

I personally think it's hard to justify the fee. For the fee, there are other great cards.
Message 5 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

For those who fly predominantly fly UA, Club access, free baggage, priority boarding, and the 1.5% on general spending are all excellent benefits.  And, those who have need to earn points on general spending, 1.5 UA miles would be equivalent to a 3% cash back card.  

Message 6 of 7
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
United club membership and 1.5 back on every 1 instead of 1 to 1 on standard purchases. For the hefty 450 fee I think I'd only do it if I flew United always and values the club membership.

+1 If you fly United a lot (as I do), Club membership is really valuable. Unless you have high elite status, buying a membership directly from United costs $550 (or 70,000 miles), so you're getting a $100 discount with the Club card. Plus the other benefits. If you don't need the Club membership, then the regular Mileage Plus Explorer card, or better yet the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, would be better choices.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.