Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Barclays Rewards card did I get??

tag
ChopperED
Established Member

What Barclays Rewards card did I get??

So I played the pre-approval game with the link for Barclays that was posted and was approved for 3500! But I can't remember what the terms were. Now when I logged into my Barclays account it has the words Platinum on the MC but I don't see any of the cards on their application screen say Platinum. I know I can wait until 7 business days, but I'm way to excited to finally get to the minor big leagues....

Cap 1 Spark
AMEX Delta Gold
AMEX Gold
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What Barclays Rewards card did I get??

@ChopperED wrote:

So I played the pre-approval game with the link for Barclays that was posted and was approved for 3500! But I can't remember what the terms were. Now when I logged into my Barclays account it has the words Platinum on the MC but I don't see any of the cards on their application screen say Platinum. I know I can wait until 7 business days, but I'm way to excited to finally get to the minor big leagues....

Grats on the approval!

What Barclays does is this:

About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States,  with the exception of Iowa, Puerto Rico and the US territories, and may not be available if you already have or have had an account with us. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations,  we may be unable to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from World benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.  

So basically they consider you for World Mastercard first.
However, if you do not qualify for World Mastercard, they will try to get you approved for the Platinum Mastercard, which is what happened for your case.

If you still do not qualify for the Platinum Mastercard, then you will get a denial.

I don't think barclays offer Gold Mastercard or Standard Mastercard tiers for the rewards card.

Basically, tier structure is like this in increasing order of benefits / prestige:

Standard

Gold

Platinum

World

World Elite

For more info refer to here: http://www.mastercard.us/consumer_index.html (under products tab)

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.