Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Bills Do You Pay With CC Just For Activity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Bills Do You Pay With CC Just For Activity

What bills do you pay on your CC just to keep activity on them.

Right now with my crappy sub prime CC i only use these 2 acounts for these bills.

First Premier- Netflix Account $14 A Month
Total Visa- TrueCredit &14 A Month

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Bills Do You Pay With CC Just For Activity

I was paying NetFlix on Orchard until Orchard died.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not just for activity- POINTS
My cell bill, DW's cell bill (5% cash back on these)

Electric, Auto insurance, phone/cable/internet,  
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay an internet service on my HSBC that is otherwise SD'd after they refused multiple requests to raise the 7.6K limit. I used to use it a LOT, now alas it is being made an example of.
Message 4 of 14
FICOfanatic
Valued Member

As punishment to my credit union, I moved all savings from there and cut use of my credit card.

My oldest account and my smallest CL....  I only use my credit card for iTunes.  The ultimate insult.  My last bill was 1.98 and I plan to keep doing that until they "understand."

They will not make any money off of me!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use my credit cards to pay bills. I know that a lot of people do that for the rewards, but for me, I always feared that paying my bills with a CC was the first step down a slippery slope where I would never get out of debt and couldn't get my bills paid.

Don't ask me why, considering I topped out at about 28K in CC debt just from purchases alone, but I still wouldn't want to use a CC to pay a bill.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't use my credit cards to pay bills. I know that a lot of people do that for the rewards, but for me, I always feared that paying my bills with a CC was the first step down a slippery slope where I would never get out of debt and couldn't get my bills paid.

Don't ask me why, considering I topped out at about 28K in CC debt just from purchases alone, but I still wouldn't want to use a CC to pay a bill.

Personally, I would apply for a Chase freedom card to use for bills only. They have great rewards for paying certain bills. If you're worried about incurring unnecessary debt, cut up the card or freeze it. Whatever it takes not to use it.

That way, you get rewards for money you plan on spending anyway and when you make payments on the card, the good payment history will only help your ficos. If you have money set aside to pay your bills, I don't see how it could hurt you.

You should PIF when using a rewards card anyway, since the rewards cards usually have higher interest rates. Otherwise the interest will eat up what you earn in rewards. Another incentive not to have a revolving balance on the card. JMHO. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody really think that "Rewards" are being paid by the credit card company?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, I would apply for a Chase freedom card to use for bills only. They have great rewards for paying certain bills. If you're worried about incurring unnecessary debt, cut up the card or freeze it. Whatever it takes not to use it.

That way, you get rewards for money you plan on spending anyway and when you make payments on the card, the good payment history will only help your ficos. If you have money set aside to pay your bills, I don't see how it could hurt you.

You should PIF when using a rewards card anyway, since the rewards cards usually have higher interest rates. Otherwise the interest will eat up what you earn in rewards. Another incentive not to have a revolving balance on the card. JMHO. Smiley Happy

As I said, I understand why people do it for the rewards, such as the Chase Freedom. It's just a little quirk about me. Another one I have is that I have never, and doubt I ever will, set any of my bills up to auto pay, or set them up to be paid prior to seeing my paycheck deposited in my account. It makes me worry something will happen and the money won't be in my account and I'll overdraw.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use one to pay my Scorewatch every month FP.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.