cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

Established Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


bichonmom wrote:

BML always pulls EQ and always does a HP for initial approval. Once you're approved, if you need to increase your CL for a purchase, it's a SP. They don't report the CL on your CR -- only the HP will show up on your EQ rept.

 

 


Ok well thats good to know...i only have 1 pull on EQ at the moment...2 of EX so im glad its not that one since i want to get a business AMEX in the next month or so and they will for sure pull EX.

 

Im thinking of buying a new computer monitor for my video editing business since my old one died recently and i need it bad...the lack of a hit on my utilization is attractive....

 

 

Ive also thought about getting an small installment loan instead since my credit reports and stuff ive pulled recently say im lacking in that department....I was pre-apparoved at Prosper and Lending Club....but i dono if thats worth it.

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Message 11 of 47
Senior Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


shane82388 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

BML always pulls EQ and always does a HP for initial approval. Once you're approved, if you need to increase your CL for a purchase, it's a SP. They don't report the CL on your CR -- only the HP will show up on your EQ rept.

 

 


Ok well thats good to know...i only have 1 pull on EQ at the moment...2 of EX so im glad its not that one since i want to get a business AMEX in the next month or so and they will for sure pull EX.

 

Im thinking of buying a new computer monitor for my video editing business since my old one died recently and i need it bad...the lack of a hit on my utilization is attractive....

 

 

Ive also thought about getting an small installment loan instead since my credit reports and stuff ive pulled recently say im lacking in that department....I was pre-apparoved at Prosper and Lending Club....but i dono if thats worth it.


If you're looking at getting a computer, Newegg also doesn't report on the CR. Here's a recent thread about it: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NewEgg-Credit/m-p/1266917/highlight/true#M352742

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 47
Established Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


bichonmom wrote:

shane82388 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

BML always pulls EQ and always does a HP for initial approval. Once you're approved, if you need to increase your CL for a purchase, it's a SP. They don't report the CL on your CR -- only the HP will show up on your EQ rept.

 

 


Ok well thats good to know...i only have 1 pull on EQ at the moment...2 of EX so im glad its not that one since i want to get a business AMEX in the next month or so and they will for sure pull EX.

 

Im thinking of buying a new computer monitor for my video editing business since my old one died recently and i need it bad...the lack of a hit on my utilization is attractive....

 

 

Ive also thought about getting an small installment loan instead since my credit reports and stuff ive pulled recently say im lacking in that department....I was pre-apparoved at Prosper and Lending Club....but i dono if thats worth it.


If you're looking at getting a computer, Newegg also doesn't report on the CR. Here's a recent thread about it: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NewEgg-Credit/m-p/1266917/highlight/true#M352742

 

 


yeah ive been checkin that out too. I already have a computer (Macbook Pro) that i hook up to my old cinema display, which just died. Its sort of like having a mobile desktop computer because i can take my laptop with me to locations and just come home and hook it up to full size monitor and keyboard and mouse and go to work.

 

im dead set on this though....

 

http://www.apple.com/displays/

 

 

and they dont carry it at newegg...besides, with Bill Me Later i can use it at more places like B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon, etc i believe....which are the places i usually buy my equipment.



$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Message 13 of 47
Senior Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

Very cool monitor! Just thought I'd mention the other credit options. I think they said that MacMall doesn't report to the CRBs either. There was a post on that thread. But yeah, you're right. BML can be used more places. Smiley Happy

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

I love BML. They are running a promo for me again this month where every purchase I make regardless of price is 6 months no interest. I love it because I make a lot of small online purchases. I've received this promo twice in 3 months.

Message 15 of 47
Established Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

Say if a site has a "Paypal" option on checkout...can u use your Bill Me Later account through that since Bill Me Later is owned by Paypal?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Message 16 of 47
Senior Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


shane82388 wrote:

Say if a site has a "Paypal" option on checkout...can u use your Bill Me Later account through that since Bill Me Later is owned by Paypal?


Yes. When you log into your PayPal acct., it then gives you the option to pay with your Pay Pal bal, other pmt options, or BML. But you have to link your BML to your PP acct first.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 47
Senior Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


BlueNightStar wrote:

I love BML. They are running a promo for me again this month where every purchase I make regardless of price is 6 months no interest. I love it because I make a lot of small online purchases. I've received this promo twice in 3 months.


How did you get these? I've only used BML once, on an eBay purchase -- just because it had 6 mos no pmts or interest. But everywhere else where I could have used it, I haven't. So, I just end up using my rewards CC. But I would like to use my BML acct more -- if I could get those kind of financing offers!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 18 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?


bichonmom wrote:

BlueNightStar wrote:

I love BML. They are running a promo for me again this month where every purchase I make regardless of price is 6 months no interest. I love it because I make a lot of small online purchases. I've received this promo twice in 3 months.


How did you get these? I've only used BML once, on an eBay purchase -- just because it had 6 mos no pmts or interest. But everywhere else where I could have used it, I haven't. So, I just end up using my rewards CC. But I would like to use my BML acct more -- if I could get those kind of financing offers!


I got the last one via email. It said to use my BML account for ebay purchases (I rarely shop ebay) and every purchase for the month of March regardless of cost will be free financing. I tried it on my favorite shopping site (not ebay) that takes Paypal and the box was checked for free financing - the purchase was for $18. I wonder if I get these because I use BML a lot and all of my purchases are fairly small even though I spend a fair amount in total.

 

When I got the account I assumed I would rarely take advantage of the 6 month no financing because I'm rarely a big ticket item shopper. I've used this account more than any other because of these deals. I think CC companies are getting a lot smarter about how we use their cards. They probably realized I was going to use other cards because this one did not have a lot of use for me since I'm a small ticket shopper. By offering me the financing, I've charged a lot. So, they make money.

 

 

Message 19 of 47
Established Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

When there is 0% financing for 6 months with no payments...can u just let the balance sit ther efor 6 months and THEN start paying after 6 months without having incurred interest on al previous months?

 

Or is it you have to pay it off before 6 months to avoid the interest on the first 6 months?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Message 20 of 47