cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: What Bureau Does Bill Me Later Pull?

@bichonmom wrote:

That's one of the quirks w/BML. Sometimes (it seems frequently), people get those messages. I think I did, too. If there is even one small difference between what's on your EQ rept and what you put on the app, it won't confirm your identity and you won't be approved. Give them a call and they should be able to find your app in their system and confirm your identity. Don't keep trying online. It's probably not continuing to do HPs, but just in case, don't app online again. Just call them.

God nothing can just be easy...can it?

Oh jeez i hope its not hard pulling every time! lol....Id like to think of it was they would agree that its ridiculous and delete all the extra ones...

I guess ill call them in the morning.....not that ill be able to sleep now...

Message 31 of 47
Vesey

My wife made a purchase in September 2011 and there's a hard pull on EQ for it. There is also a second hard pull on her credit report from BML in January 2012. She did not make a purchase in January, nor since September. I strongly urge anyone considering BML to not use the service. Apparently they hard pull you regularly contradicting what is stated in their FAQ. The line of credit was not shown on her EQ report.

Citi Platinum Select MC $4.1K / Discover $2.55K / Amex BCE $6K / Chase Amazon $5.4K / PenFed Platinum Rewards $2K / USAA Rate Advantage $4.5K / US Bank Cash+ $10K
Message 32 of 47
shane82388
Established Contributor

So i called Bill Me Later and the lady said i should of recieved an email with "more details" as to why there was a problem...I havent recieved an email. She just kept repeating to call Equifax and talk to them. I dont get what that would do? I pulled my Equifax report and it has my current address, phone number, work, etc all right on there!

She just kept saying it was probably some "miss matched info and that you cant get a credit report with your personal info on there"....uhh...WHAT?

"IM LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW THOUGH!!!???"

"Ok, you cant get a credit report with your address, name, DOB etc on it. So something must be differnt...I cna give you the phone number for Equifax...?"

What should i do now?

Message 33 of 47
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

That's odd. I'm not sure what to tell you. I would call back and talk with another rep. When I apped, I actually pulled up my EQ CR and entered the info exactly like it was on my CR. And I still had to call -- I can't remember why now. In any case, I would try a different rep. Some of them know what they're doing, but many just don't. If it's just a matter of confirming info, then I don't see why you'd need to wait for the letter. They should be able to just ask you questions to confirm your identity over the phone. If I recall correctly, that is what I had to do, and then I was approved.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 34 of 47
shane82388
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

That's odd. I'm not sure what to tell you. I would call back and talk with another rep. When I apped, I actually pulled up my EQ CR and entered the info exactly like it was on my CR. And I still had to call -- I can't remember why now. In any case, I would try a different rep. Some of them know what they're doing, but many just don't. If it's just a matter of confirming info, then I don't see why you'd need to wait for the letter. They should be able to just ask you questions to confirm your identity over the phone. If I recall correctly, that is what I had to do, and then I was approved.

Got another person who just seemed like they were in a big rush and asked if i signed up with P.O. Box or have a freeze or fraud alert on my credit file...i said no and they said just wait for an email or a letter in the mail in a few weeks...WTH???

He took my name and stuff but couldnt find an account so....its def not going through i guess....

If they cant verify my info, then how will they send me anything telling me whats wrong?

I'm looking at my Score Watch MyFico report and it has my current address that ive lived at for almost 2 years as being reported for the firs ttime in March 2012...my last address was last updated in March 2011...

equifaxadresses.jpg

As you can see the "current" address says it was updated THIS MONTH!?! Is that just how the Score Watch works or is that on my actual real Equifax Report and it hasnt been updated for the past 2+ years ive lived here?

Message 35 of 47
shane82388
Established Contributor

should i maybe try the Bill Me Later with my old adress?

Message 36 of 47
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure. You could post under the thread about MyFICO products, and see if someone might have the answer. I think that it just means that the address was last updated by a creditor on that date. Every time the CCs report to the CRAs, it includes your address, too. So, I think it's just saying that it was last updated this month. But I'm not 100% sure.

BML is a little weird with some things. I still don't understand why they couldn't help you on the phone. It sounds like they weren't able to match up your info w/your CR and maybe didn't even do the HP. Can you tell if they HP or SP? If there's no HP, then they definitely couldn't match up your info enough to even pull your credit. If there is a HP, then there is some other reason they're denying you, and I guess you need to wait for the letter. Though I'm persistent, so if it were me, I'd call again and ask for a supervisor. But that's just my personality! Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 37 of 47
shane82388
Established Contributor

I started doing an online dispute of my Equifax report and sure enough there was an inquiry from from WEBBANK/BML so im really annoyed now....i mean if you were denied, wouldnt it just say your denied? Not "please try again" because you entered the wrong info?

Message 38 of 47
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They are pretty easy for approvals, so I would be surprised if you are denied, but with credit you just never know. You could try calling again and speaking with a supervisor. Or else, wait until you get the letter and see what it says.

I know they can be frustrating. I was really frustrated trying to link up my BML w/PayPal so I could pay for the item I had won on eBay. It really seems like most of their reps just don't have a clue, and it did take a supervisor to fix it -- and it was a really easy fix, too, but not one of the several reps I had spoken with had known what to do.

Don't give up -- especially since you got the HP. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 47
shane82388
Established Contributor

Is there another number i should call?

Every time i call they ask me for my account number before anything and i say i dont have one nad they act like i just ruined their day... "Oh......ok.......well then what are you calling about then?"

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.