cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC do you think I can get approved for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CC do you think I can get approved for?

Oh boy a 666 EQ score, good score, but I hate that number (pet peeve) I'd app for something that pulled EQ just to get that number changedSmiley Very Happy Just kidding.

Congrats on the BoA Card, I'm sure it will grow with you.

Now go Garden for a while.Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 36
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new card. Wait six months before asking for a CLI. Definitely go garden...two cards are plenty for now!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 32 of 36
Djuicee

I know I know, I should garden! But I am crazyyy so I applied for a Discover Student Card...and got approved for that too Smiley Wink  1K limit this time Smiley Very Happy

I only did it because they pull EQ, and BoA pulled EX, so its like 1 INQ total...lol.  Cuz my Cap1 pulled all 3 CRA's ;(

Anyway, I went for the student card as opposed to the More card because it should be easier to get approved for.  I talked to a nice CSR chick in the beggining...we got deep Smiley Wink  Then she had to transfer me to another CSR because I was in the wrong department hahaha.  But the next guy was nice too, and asked if 1k was enough...I said suree, but I would've always taken more Smiley Wink  OKAY OKAY, GARDEN TIME.  Besides, all I want now is the AmEx BCE Smiley Wink  6 months of gardening I think will be OK...

EX FICO - 714 - 8/20/12
TU FICO - 704 - 12/16/12

Chase Sapphire 5000 | Citi Dividend 4300 | Discover More 1000 | CapitalOne Journey 750 | BoA Cash Rewards 700 CL
Message 33 of 36
nixforfun
Established Member

Congrats Buddy. I have a similar credit profile as you- 7 months credit history, FICO Score 683. Your experiences tell me I could get lucky too Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Djuicee wrote:

I know I know, I should garden! But I am crazyyy so I applied for a Discover Student Card...and got approved for that too Smiley Wink  1K limit this time Smiley Very Happy

I only did it because they pull EQ, and BoA pulled EX, so its like 1 INQ total...lol.  Cuz my Cap1 pulled all 3 CRA's ;(

Anyway, I went for the student card as opposed to the More card because it should be easier to get approved for.  I talked to a nice CSR chick in the beggining...we got deep Smiley Wink  Then she had to transfer me to another CSR because I was in the wrong department hahaha.  But the next guy was nice too, and asked if 1k was enough...I said suree, but I would've always taken more Smiley Wink  OKAY OKAY, GARDEN TIME.  Besides, all I want now is the AmEx BCE Smiley Wink  6 months of gardening I think will be OK...

It's actually like 5 inq's Cap1 pulled all three, BoA=EX--- Discover=EQ, so 2 inq's EX----2 inq's EQ----1 inq TU.

Thats actually not that bad for an app spree, it's always best to try and spread out the inq's across all three.

But get your butt in the Garden and stay there till your FICO's rebound to just above 710ish and I'd say maybe a little longer than 6 months and go for the BCE!!! (These things do not happen overnight) you know thatSmiley Wink

Congrats my FriendSmiley Happy

Message 35 of 36
Djuicee

'Tis the season Smiley Wink  I think you can do even better.  I have 5 inq and am at 39% util.  Which are both bad.  So you should get approved, and with higher limits Smiley Wink  Just make sure to call them when it say call for a decision.  It seems like approval is more likely, instead of waiting for the letter.

@Mustang -  Truee, but I am only counting my 2 recent apps.  The Cap1 was 7 months ago with no history so they pulled all 3.  SO i got 1 cc for 3 pulls, instead of the 2 I got today, for 2 pulls.  It's my dumb logic to make me feel better.  Yes, in reality its 5 inq's lol.  Thanks, and yes, truly time to garden Smiley Wink

EX FICO - 714 - 8/20/12
TU FICO - 704 - 12/16/12

Chase Sapphire 5000 | Citi Dividend 4300 | Discover More 1000 | CapitalOne Journey 750 | BoA Cash Rewards 700 CL
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.