Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC have you been denied for X5 lol

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What CC have you been denied for X5 lol

Nope.
I was saying I was just letting my scores grow and my secured age and not applying for anything but broke that rule and just applied and got a 2nd target card! lol
Message 11 of 19
heirophant
Established Contributor

I bank with Wells Fargo, so when I applied for my Checking account, I was denied for their CC.  Still got the checking of course since its my money in the balance, not theirs.  Then I have applied twice more.  Denied and last time the reasons they listed was too many new accounts and inquiries in the past year.  So, I figure I'll just wait for a preapproval.  I'm sure one will come eventually as they are probably constantly AR'ing their current customers.  I'm sure I could get approved once all my inquiries dissappear and my accounts are all over 1 year, but I'm happy with my cards now and I'll just let them decide when the time is right.  I do want one, though.  Well Fargo CS has been very good to me in the dealings I've had with them.  I am a happy customer.

So, to sum up, denied by WF 3 times in last 2 years.

Message Edited by heirophant on 08-27-2008 10:46 AM
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:
Nope.
I was saying I was just letting my scores grow and my secured age and not applying for anything but broke that rule and just applied and got a 2nd target card! lol

Congrats i have way to many inquiries to apply for anything i'm gonna try my best not to aplly for anything the next 2 years cause most of my denials have to many recent inquiries
Message 13 of 19
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@heirophant wrote:
I bank with Wells Fargo, so when I applied for my Checking account, I was denied for their CC. Still got the checking of course since its my money in the balance, not theirs. Then I have applied twice more. Denied and last time the reasons they listed was too many new accounts and inquiries in the past year. So, I figure I'll just wait for a preapproval. I'm sure one will come eventually as they are probably constantly AR'ing their current customers. I'm sure I could get approved once all my inquiries dissappear and my accounts are all over 1 year, but I'm happy with my cards now and I'll just let them decide when the time is right. I do want one, though. Well Fargo CS has been very good to me in the dealings I've had with them. I am a happy customer.

I hope you get a preapproval, but don't hold your breath. I've banked with WF for 10 years, never been late on any payment to any one, never overdrafted, etc...and they've never sent me a preapproval offer for a CC. Everyone else has! I've heard similar stories. I think they're just a bit weird about their CCs. I'm dropping them soon and only banking with BoA and NFCU. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 19
heirophant
Established Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

@heirophant wrote:
I bank with Wells Fargo, so when I applied for my Checking account, I was denied for their CC. Still got the checking of course since its my money in the balance, not theirs. Then I have applied twice more. Denied and last time the reasons they listed was too many new accounts and inquiries in the past year. So, I figure I'll just wait for a preapproval. I'm sure one will come eventually as they are probably constantly AR'ing their current customers. I'm sure I could get approved once all my inquiries dissappear and my accounts are all over 1 year, but I'm happy with my cards now and I'll just let them decide when the time is right. I do want one, though. Well Fargo CS has been very good to me in the dealings I've had with them. I am a happy customer.

I hope you get a preapproval, but don't hold your breath. I've banked with WF for 10 years, never been late on any payment to any one, never overdrafted, etc...and they've never sent me a preapproval offer for a CC. Everyone else has! I've heard similar stories. I think they're just a bit weird about their CCs. I'm dropping them soon and only banking with BoA and NFCU. Smiley Wink

Yeah, oddly enough, WF does send me Auto Loan preapprovals all the time.  No CC offers, though.  Weird.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was trying to get my first credit card, I was denied for a regular Sears card. I was denied 3 times for one. The reason that I wanted one was because I worked there and one of the few ways I could use my discount was to have a Sears card. When they finally approved me, I got a $250 limit.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sithkitty wrote:
When I was trying to get my first credit card, I was denied for a regular Sears card. I was denied 3 times for one. The reason that I wanted one was because I worked there and one of the few ways I could use my discount was to have a Sears card. When they finally approved me, I got a $250 limit.

That's sad, they did not approve their own employee, it is not like they do not where you are getting your money from. Is that common.
Message 17 of 19
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Macys has denied me 5 times. I hate them now....lol

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex, capital one.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.