Regular Contributor
RachelRachel

What CC's pull EQ?

Hi.  I fear that my Chase (old WaMu) card will be cancelled soon since I have high utilization and it is the highest CL I have ($2,500) so I am trying to be proactive.  My highest credit score is Equifax with a 640.  Who are the best CC's to apply for that pull EQ?  
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

Re: What CC's pull EQ?

What state are you in?

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

A local credit union will be your best bet. Unless you live in the upper Midwest, which is TU territory, most local (and national) CU's pull EQ.

Banks have really raised requirements recently, and I'm afraid that your EQ FICO 640 won't take you as far today among the big boys as it once would have. Almost all CU's have far superior service to that of banks, and you can establish a working relationship that will carry you along --car loans, etc.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
RachelRachel

BungalowMo, I'm in California.

Haulingthescoreup, thank you for the advice.  I'm fairly new to the forum and am trying to repair the damage I did to my credit when I filed Bankruptcy in 2004, discharged 3/2005.  I haven't had any lates since then but after reading the credit card boards today, I think I should concentrate at lowering my utilization to raise my scores before I app for new credit.  If/when Chase cancels my flexible rewards card, I can deal with it then.  Bringing down my utilization can only help from what I've read here.  Thanks again.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Getting down util is the easiest and quickest way to improve scores (if you have the money, of course, lol.) Sounds like a good plan!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

[ Edited ]

RachelRachel wrote:

BungalowMo, I'm in California.

Haulingthescoreup, thank you for the advice.  I'm fairly new to the forum and am trying to repair the damage I did to my credit when I filed Bankruptcy in 2004, discharged 3/2005.  I haven't had any lates since then but after reading the credit card boards today, I think I should concentrate at lowering my utilization to raise my scores before I app for new credit.  If/when Chase cancels my flexible rewards card, I can deal with it then.  Bringing down my utilization can only help from what I've read here.  Thanks again.

Most banks and CUs in California pull Experian.  In fact, I don't know of any CUs based in California that don't pull EXP.  The only EQ pulls that I am aware in California are Alliant CU, Cabela's, GEMB, and Krogers.

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 07-20-2009 06:15 PM
I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Getting down your UTIL is a very good plan and totally under your control.

It sounds like Chase did convert your card to a rewards card after the WaMu takeover. They might just leave your alone!

Moderator Emeritus
fused

I live in Hawaii and CITI "sometimes" pulls EQ
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

fused wrote:
I live in Hawaii and CITI "sometimes" pulls EQ

CITI is an  EXP puller in California.  

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}