Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC to apply for?

tag
AyalaZero
New Contributor

What CC to apply for?

I currently applied and got a CSP, and a Citi Preferred.  Trying to upgrade from my CapOne cards, and my BofA card.  My credit scores are all hoovering in the 710-725 range and my utilization rate is at about 45%

Any suggestions?  Also my Equifax score has a security freeze on it, so I have to apply to cards that will run either my Experian or Transunion scores...

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Re: What CC to apply for?

So you just want prime cards? Try the AMEX BCE.

Message 2 of 9
AyalaZero
New Contributor

BornSuperCharged, that is the idea.  I have a paid off car loan and a current car loan credit history of seven years in the bag.  You have a pretty sweet array of cards there.  Unfortunately AMEX BCE declined me.

Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Message 3 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

Chase ink, Chase Freedom to go with your CSP if you get it, also a good one is US Flexperks card if you travel a lot domestically it's the best imo hands down, little tricky to  use at first but 20k points can get you almost anywhere in the United States first class, where other airlines would normally charge 25k for domestic flights. You also get frequent flyer miles when you use the flexperks awards making it a nice double dip, and if you use a suntrust delta debit card with amex bluebird you can triple dip Smiley Wink

gain Airline FF miles on flexperks awards + delta skymiles for paying your cc Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 9
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I'd say you should try for the chase freedom or The AMEX BCE.. They're great cards....Chase and Amex are very known to pull Experian in most states..
Message 5 of 9
AyalaZero
New Contributor

distantarray & mnavas,  I just recently got the CSP, would they issue me two cards within weeks of each other?  Don't think they'd approve me for Freedom this soon

Message 6 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

@AyalaZero wrote:

distantarray & mnavas,  I just recently got the CSP, would they issue me two cards within weeks of each other?  Don't think they'd approve me for Freedom this soon

I got the Freedom and Sapphire on the same day =P

there's a myth about Chase only approving 1 card every 6 months, I did 2 in same day, and you can also get Chase Ink cause it's business and personals are different, then 4 months later I got Chase United Mileage Plus 

Message 7 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention remember to pick what you intend to use it for when you get credit cards, for instance I jumped on the bandwagon of trying to get 5% back on everything and I regret it.

Cash back is only 1 penny a point, so Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP) is 6% back on groceries so it's not really great. but if you really want to save money most people should be saving points towards vacations imo.

For instance Chase UR points transfers 1:1 to United. On high season saver award seats are 65,000 to anywhere in Asia with United. when Tickets run upto 2,800 you can get over 4 cents redemption for points, and 130,000 points for a first class saver award = $12,800 ticket so you'll get almost a 10 cents value per point.

For me this is a no brainer since my family likes to travel atleast once a year. Remember if you don't fly internationally like I said Flexperks is probably the best, and if you NEVER travel at all then cash back would be ok, but that's why I like UR points since you have the flexibility of cash back OR use for travel etc.

Message 8 of 9
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Since this new account isn't reporting yet i'd say you've got a shot but it also depends on the inquiries you already have in the last 6-12 months in your report...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.