Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CCs give the largest CL?

tag
augustus80
Established Member

Re: What CCs give the largest CL?

Yes, I second CITI with your credit score.  Actually, while your at it, why not app for a couple.... ;-)
Message 11 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@augustus80 wrote:
Yes, I second CITI with your credit score.  Actually, while your at it, why not app for a couple.... ;-)
citi, a troubled bank, will not rely solely on EQ score to arrive at an initial CL.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Citi would not be my first choice for a high limit card.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

no comment on alliant because i don't have one.  i can my highest lines are with citi.

if you want to do international travel, i would probably get the new schwab card.  it has no foreign transaction fees and it's 2% cash back.

Message 14 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no comment on alliant because i don't have one.  i can my highest lines are with citi.

if you want to do international travel, i would probably get the new schwab card.  it has no foreign transaction fees and it's 2% cash back.

ime, citi has also been a generous lender. 

however, in this climate, i doubt they're doling out CLs at their highest levels historically.

i still stand by the alliant rec. but have you considered usaa or us bank?  both are better picks than citi imho.

alliant and us bank or usaa would be a fearsome twosome if you have room for 2. they would also be worth the time it takes to grow them if youu don't get the huge Cl out of the box.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to second US Bank. During a recent app spree Discover gave me $5000, Citi $4000, US Bank $8000. Alliant wanted to give me $500 that I refused. Maybe this was because I apped it at the end of my spree. And yes, Alliant did ask for income on my app., but maybe that's because I was not automatically given a card at membership application time.

I've also heard that US Bank does frequent CLIs.

BTW...My highest limit when apping for these cards was $12,500.

Message 16 of 17
MattH
Senior Contributor

@WilliamBruce wrote:
My EQ is 790 and my TU is 740.  Upon new application, which CCs would be most likely to give me the largest CL?  Thanks.

I don't think the FICO score is the only relevant parameter, they also look at such factors as income, employment history, any previous history you might have with them, and what limits other lenders have given you.  My current limits with Chase and Citi are over $20K and my current limit with Discover is over $10K, but none of them gave me such limits right off the bat, all my revolving accounts are over 10 years old.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.