cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CL did Amex request I.V. for you?

tag
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: What CL did Amex request I.V. for you?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

Thinking of next time just going for a big increase and let them ask for the 4506t just to see what they would offer me.

When you say this do you mean shoot extremely high (to the point where they requst the 4506t) and then keep backing it down until you get an approval without submitting the form, or do you mean actually submitting the form and getting the maximum CL you can achieve with income verification?

Since I am at 40k now with no verification, I am thinking of just asking for 100k or some stupid high number and then submit the 4506t and see what they end up approving. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

Since I am at 40k now with no verification, I am thinking of just asking for 100k or some stupid high number and then submit the 4506t and see what they end up approving. 

If you end up doing this, please report back the result!  I'm very curious how this would play out.  I guess you could rest assured that you weren't leaving any money on the table with this strategy.

Message 12 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So was your new limit $50k as you requested?  It does seem that many get IV requested at $35k... but there are definitely examples of people that never did and have cruised past that limit.

Yes, they raised it to 50K which is what I asked them for.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.