cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CLI strategy to use with new AMEX revolvers?

tag
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

What CLI strategy to use with new AMEX revolvers?

I was approved for 2 revolvers - one for 2k, other one for 1k. Does it make sence to try 3*CLI upon activation on both cards or only on BCE that has 2k limit?

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: What CLI strategy to use with new AMEX revolvers?

You can try for a single card after 180 days from your last CLI.

If they approve the 3X CLI on your 1k card, you will have to wait 180 days for your next try in one of your cards. So it makes sense to try with the 2k card.

If they don't approve the CLI you will have to wait 90 days for your next try.

Message 2 of 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: What CLI strategy to use with new AMEX revolvers?

Nobody can really tell you a "strategy". It's not really a game. It's based on your file and what it will support. Nothing more or less. There's no way to beat the system with a strategy.

That said...once you try and are approved at any point, you have to wait 180 days. if declined it's 90 days.

You can try whenever you want and take whatever advice suits you best. To me, establishing a history with a lender is always a better option, even if it's only 3-6 months. Show a good payment pattern. Asking for a CLI on activation could be a bit too "ambitious" but that's just my opinion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.