Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CR does Discover pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally received a pre-approval letter from discover after more than 7yrs of rebuilding my credit after a BK. I've been wanting a Discover for a while and want to apply, but hesistant because I'm currently waiting for a dispute with EQ to finalize and have a baddie removed which should not be there. It dropped my score from 714 to 677 on my EQ score. I was so upset when it showed up this month out of the blue when it is false info. TU and EX are both above 700. Anyway, would just like to know what Discover pulled for people on here. I am aware that it could be different depending on the area you live in so anyone in oregon would be very helpful.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

For myself and all I can remember reading here Discover pulls TU.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 26
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

lled Re: What CR does Discover pull?

Pulled TU for me last week in PA.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 26
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: lled Re: What CR does Discover pull?

Pulled EQ for me in CA all 4 times I applied.
Message 4 of 26
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

TU for me

Message 5 of 26
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

TU for me in Georgia.  TU also for CLI.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 6 of 26
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

They pulled EQ then TU here in Tennessee.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a Discover card for awhile but, when I did, Equifax is the only CRA that ever reported anything, and, in fact, it is STILL reporting years and years after the fact.  Oh BTW, I'm in California.

Message 8 of 26
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: What CR does Discover pull?

They pulled EX for me when I applied, but they pull TU when I ask for a CLI

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CR does Discover pull?

Thanks for all your replies...seems that here on the west coast they pull EQ, it's funny how it changes based on your geographical location...or could it be that it is just a random draw on which CR they pull. Guess the best thing for me to do is just wait for the dispute to be resolved with EQ before applying...The pre-approval expires on the 30th and the dispute is estimated to be resolved by the 26th so hopefully it does not take the full 45days, otherwise I'm out of luck.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.