cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CRA is pulled for Discover & USbank?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

What CRA is pulled for Discover & USbank?

Can anyone tell me what CRA is pulled by Discover and USbank.  I am shopping for a 2nd cc and it will be my first unsecured card that I am going to attempt to get.  Thanks for the help. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CRA is pulled for Discover & USbank?

I'm in NV. and USBank pulled Experian for me...Discover pulled EQ.

What state are you in? That has a lot to do with which report is used.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 05-12-2009 04:10 PM
Message 2 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Hi Vee,

Im glad to hear that Experian was pulled, that is my best score.  Equifax is at the bottom for me.  I had a bk drop off today and my score went up 80 pts so I am a happy camper.  I am trying to get up the courage to apply.  I am in Ca. My bank was just bought out by US Bank and they will assume my mortgage in a couple of months so maybe that will help me.  Thanks for the info, it helps. 

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 05-12-2009 04:01 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Hi Vee,

Im glad to hear that Experian was pulled, that is my best score.  Equifax is at the bottom for me.  I had a bk drop off today and my score went up 80 pts so I am a happy camper.  I am trying to get up the courage to apply.  I am in Ca. My bank was just bought out by US Bank and they will assume my mortgage in a couple of months so maybe that will help me.  Thanks for the info, it helps. 

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 05-12-2009 04:01 PM

Hi Hotrodcrazy

The data base I checked shows almost all EX pulls in CA. for US Bank. For Discover it's a toss-up, mostly EX or TU, but also some EQ.

Congratulations on being rid of the BK. My 8 yr. old dismissed chap 13 is still on my EQ report and Discover approved me for $5000 CL in March. US Bank checked EX with no baddies and gave  me $8000.

I've read so much good here about US Bank.

Message 4 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Hi Vee,  Wow, thanks for all of the info, it sure helps when you are trying to rebuild.  After my bk back in 1999 I did not even want to look at another cc.  But after 10 yrs, I found out thru this forum I was hurting myself and my score  so I got a secured cc.  It is my only one so far.  As I said before, I am a  little gun shy on applying for another card, but I know I need something more than just a $500 secured card.  It is almost useless because I cant charge more than $45 a month.  ( 9% ).   Well, thanks again for the info. It sure is appreciated. Smiley Happy
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulled TU for me in CA.  By coincidence, I had received a pre-qual from US Bank a couple of days ago and called their backdoor number and spoke with analyst.  Among other things, he mentioned that US Bank pulls randomly from all 3 CRAs.
Message 6 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Well, I just applied at US bank on line and got denied.  I guess they didnt pull Exp this time.  The bk still shows up on EQ and TU so I guess my luck of the draw wasnt good.  I suppose I better wait til the bk falls off of EQ and TU before I apply anymore.  Smiley Mad   

I am 2 months shy of my 10 yr mark on the bk on EQ an TU.  You would think they would give you a little break. EX dropped it early, as of today. 

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 05-12-2009 07:08 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the recon #.  The analsyt I spoke with was professional and told me to call them directly if there was any problem with my app being approved.  If your only derog is a 10 year old bk, you should be able to discuss it with them.  I don't know if you have checking/savings account with US Bank but my impression is they're loyal to their banking customers.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure it's the 10 yr old bk that got you denied....maybe just that you don't have enough cc experience showing? What other accounts/loans are on your reports?

Discover did approve me when they pulled the credit report showing my 8 yr old BK, but I already had 8 other credit cards...AAofAs was 7.8 yrs.

You may want to consider a credit union or Capital One.

Wishing you much luck.

Message 9 of 19
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Discover doesn't like BKs, I've heard, but vegas seems to have had luck.  Although you'd be lucky to get approved by Discover with a bk and only 1 CC.  I was approved about a year back having only one other credit card, but I had a loan too and no derogs on my report anywhere.  They pulled TU and I'm in East Tennessee.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.